Choosing/Changing your Displayed Username

If memory servs me correctly - way back in 2009 or something I registered on this Forum. It's changed a few times (see the ReadOnly Old Forum section). I think I originally used the name 3Dprinter, but quickly decided to use me real name (well, the name every one calls me) - Msquare.

There was an option to set the name on the profile attribute page.

This has apprently been removed "recently" (I've not been on the Forum for a few months), and my old name has poped back up. Using google it still finds hits on Msquare, etc, but on the Forum all the generated listing and all use the 3dprinter name now. :sob: :frowning:

Hrmph. Options

• Learn to live with a bad choice made 10 years ago :slightly_frowning_face:
  • Pester the forum people to restore the option to choose the display name. :smiling_imp:
  • Create a new account, being called a Newbie again... :astonished:

What to do?

+1 for option 2 with gusto.

Ok, I'll pester as well.

Since the username "/dev" was taken, I registered as "-dev" and displayed it as "/dev". After the changeover, there is no such choice. And now other users (especially the newest) refer to me as "-dev". Not the same cachet.

/dev

-dev:
Since the username "/dev" was taken

What if the impostor shows back up? How will we know which one to shoot at?

LOL.

At the risk of being shot, I have to ask if it was a problem before?

BUMP

I came back and made the same discovery .... and before asking search if someone had noticed ... and yes, I found my own post ! :slight_smile:

So it's not possible, at all, to have your name changed? Can't you PM one of the moderators and ask them to change it?

Can't you PM one of the moderators and ask them to change it?

Moderators are NOT system administrators.

PaulS:
Moderators are NOT system administrators.

I guess it different from forum to forum then :wink:

So, can one of the system administrators change a name?

So, can one of the system administrators change a name?

Probably. But, they can't be bothered to read the forum.