A Beginner's Guide to making an Arduino Shield PCB

Thanks Donkahones,

I hope you find it thoroughly useful. Thanks for letting me know about the broken link. I have fixed it.

Thanks, that's a very detailed tutorial and therefore really helpful.

I'd just like to point beginners to the alternative of using Fritzing. It's really made for quickly creating Arduino shields, if your demands are not too advanced. There's a tutorial at PCB design with Fritzing.

Thank's

I hope you find it thoroughly useful

Thank you, thank you!! I stayed up wayyyy to late goiing through this but finally finished it. :smiley:

Thank's man!

Cool tutorial.

Here is an Arduino shield template I created for my own projects

http://geekstudio.co.za/dev/arduino-shield-template/

Thanks

Good work!

NICE!

Thank you

Thank you

I've done something similar for the Pulsonix software I use. I imported the Arduino Eagle Duemilanove files into Pulsonix, extracted the board outline, connector positions and mounting hole positions, and saved them as a PCB profile file. It only took a couple of minutes:

Thank you!

sweet

cool thanks.

Thanks for this!

wow...

Sorry for bumping an old topic.

The geekstudio site does not work anymore and it says the account was suspended and his last online activity on forum was 05.11.2010.

His shield eagle board file had a small mistake. The analog input connector was twisted in the wrong way. I fixed the mistake and improved the shield by adding another connector in parallel in order to be able to connect additional shields on top of it.

I take no credits or ownership over the files.

The files can be found here