Arduino Starter Kit Question

I am looking to use the Arduino starter kit for teaching high school students but I would rather not have them using soldering irons. Does this kit require soldering in order to connect the components. I know there is a breadboard but as far as connecting leads to the LCD, motors, etc how does that work? Thanks much!!!

It wont require any soldering for making connections, U just plug them in the breadboard.

The bread board has connections internally like this:

So for example to connect LEDs you place them in like this:

The LCD may require male header pins to be soldered on them before use, its just a small job which you may do it yourself for the kids. All the other stuff are just plug and play.

Besides, what age students are you teaching? Soldering can be taught at an early age, and it would be fun for them too!

Srijal97's comment about using a breadboard is a good idea, not only because it doesn't require soldering, but also because it allows you to reuse the components. Also, if you want to use an LCD display but don't want to tie up a bunch of I/O pins, buy an LCD that uses the I2C interface: 4 wires and you're done. I like this one:

Terry King manages the site and has lots of code examples, too, and is extremely helpful to beginners.

Most modules of the arduino products' kits neednot soldering. Only few modules need, like LCD module, protoboard and so on. And if you need some learning kits and project kits. I can give some you advices

Hi,
The how-to on the ArduinoInfo.Info WIKI HERE: would probably be helpful.

The Starter Kit How-To HERE: is used for hundreds of university and highschool students and hobbyists. It's for the YourDuino kit but much is the same as the Arduino.cc kit.

DISCLAIMER: Mentioned stuff from my own shop..! Of course :slight_smile: