Arduino 101 Error: device not responding.

ballscrewbob:
@DrGee

If you have any antivirus or similar security try installing the drivers with it turned OFF
Also try that method to see if you can do an upload.

DO stick with the USB 2.0 ports as they are more reliable.
Try other USB cables as they can go bad at any time.

There was a driver from Intel themselves that I found useful on occasion.
But DO NOT use the firmware from that page !

Thanks for the thought Bob, I appreciate any help at all. Alas, no joy.

The AV is as off as it gets.

Tried different cables long ago :slight_smile:

The archaic tool chain that you pointed to is not likely of much help and I'm not sure that it has anything in the way of drivers that would be relevant. In this regard, however, I also use this machine to program a D2000 board (Intel Quark) using Intel System Studio which is a variety of Eclipse. It, apparently has the ability to use the 101, but I have never done that. Even if it would work, it would be a hollow victory. Getting it to work with the Arduino IDE is the goal here. Since I know the board does work on a 32 but 'fresh' Win 7 laptop, the goal is to get it to work with a 64 bit Win 7 system - the same one that I have used dozens of times with these boards - as well as a PIC programmer, various other Arduinos, the D2000 and Atmel boards (Atmel Studio), and Cypress PsOC creator.

Something has changed and I am suspecting dpinst-amd64 or the dlls associated with it - or maybe it is just something I am not thinking about or don't know enough to understand (likely).

Frustrating as all get-out.

I wish facchinm would respond - but the board is end of life.