Some success with writeCID

I am going to be honest.

I broke my leg badly on a motorbike accident back in August 2015 and I am still recovering from the fracture.

There is a device called Exogen Bone Healing System, made by Bioventis.

This device is a ultrasound device that emmits ultrasound waves into the bones, making the recovery consideraly faster.

One problem, though: this thing costs 5 thousand US Dollars. It's beyound my financial possibilities. And it's getting even more distant as I haven't worked since August 2015 and I have literally no income at the moment.

This Exogen system has a mainboard with a Microchip PIC16C926. There's also a 32kx8 EEPROM and a diagnostic jack socket. According to my reading out there, the micro doesn't have non-volatile storage.

This device works 150 times, then it stops working. I have purchased a second hand device on eBay, which was a rip off as the seller sent it without an SD card, which apparently holds some information that allows the device to work. I have managed to get a second device for free with Bioventis, which came with the SD card and is working but I still have the second hand one, which doesn't work. The story with Bioventis was a nightmare and I had to threaten them a lot (legally speaking) in order to get a replacement. They said they were going to send me just the SD card but they ended up sending the whole thing.

Unsoldering the battery and soldering it back on makes the device reset and work again but as I have two devices and one SD card (and I have two fractures) I can't get it to work. I tried many cloning tools, even Linux's dd comand, HDD raw copy and a million other softwares without luck.

So I was hoping someone could help. It is already known that the device can be reset by simply removing the battery and soldering it back on and I really, really need this to work. I can't afford 5K being out of work without any income.

Would anyone be interested in helping? I plan to reset this machine and donate it to someone else who needs it when I'm back to normal... This Pharmaceutical industry really makes me sick. How can they charge so much for something that would get people to walk again?

If anyone is interested, this is a guy who posted a little "overview" of the Exogen:

http://jschneider.net/Exogen4000.html