USB to MIDI - another open-source code from Beat707

From Beat.com:

"For those seeking how to handle the USB to MIDI conversion without the use of any libraries, here's a good starting point:

https://github.com/Beat707/Beat707-USB-to-MIDI

The above code is done for the Beat707.com device, but, could be changed to work on pretty much any situation.

Currently it only handles MIDI Output, but its much faster than previous solutions, which were based on external libraries. Since Java is interpreted in real-time, we made the code as fast as possible, so latency would be minimal. ;-)"

Best Regards, WilliamK

Thanks for this. I will give it a look soon. :slight_smile:

From Beat707.com

"This is for the coders out there, I need some help figuring out how to get better timing with this thing.

First, there's this problem:

I don't know if they fixed for the Serial library rxtx v2.2pre3 or not, as the bad-timing is still there if I update the files. But, I couldn't figure out how to correctly install this update, if anyone knows, please, let me know. (I'm on Windows)

Here's the link for the RXTX Lib Update:

Now, I tested with a very simple but effective test: Beat707 in MIDI Mode, USB-MIDIBOX 4x4 connected to Beat707, MidiOX connecting that to the Windows GM Synth. Timing is PERFECT, it sounds great. But as soon as I try to use the USB to MIDI converter to either MidiOX or directly to the GM Synth, its pretty strange, around 80% perfect, and yes, I can hear it, even my wife who's not a musician. :wink:

So, something is bad, and I need to figure out what... any help is much appreciated!

Beat707"

Still no idea how to fix the latency on the Processing (Java) Serial Library. :blush: :disappointed_relieved:

Wk