Play .amr audio file in voice call with a6 mini gsm module

I want to play an .amr file with A6 mini GSM Module. In the datasheet of A6 GSM module it is noted that this module supports digital audio and analog audio, supports HR, FR, EFR, AMR voice coding. I want to know if I can make a voice call using this module and play a pre-recorded audio file instead of plugging the microphone? Can I store the audio file to the flash buffer of this module?

Is there an AT Command to do this? How can I do this?

1 Like

hi,
I have a project with a SIM900 module playing voice data from a file to the analog microphone input of the SIM module.
I don't know the A6 mini GSM Module, but the principle should be the same.

• waiting for a phone call to come in
  • playing the .amr audio file **
  • closing the phone call

** For sending audio data to the SIM module I used PWM lacking an analog output on my controller. Of course with an analog output from a DA-converter the audio quality would be much better.

If you want to use digital audio you have to generate the format on your controller which the SIM module understands.

hi SupArdu,
I'm haven't problem with the sim800/sim900 module. through this tutorial I can upload an audio file to sim800 module and play it during a voice call.
I want to know if it is possible to do the same on A6 mini module? (upload and play a pre-recorded audio file during voice call?)

SupArdu:
** For sending audio data to the SIM module I used PWM lacking an analog output on my controller. Of course with an analog output from a DA-converter the audio quality would be much better.

If you want to use digital audio you have to generate the format on your controller which the SIM module understands.

Is there any tutorials to learn about this method?I use an atmega328p microcontroller. How do I upload a sound file to a microcontroller and play it on A6 module during the call?