i am sorry!!!

wow, does everybody take things the wrong way and/or turn things around?

i'm told all sorts of different things..

one tells me i need i/o pins, the other tells me there is no easy way of doing it, another throws code at me that i have never seen before and no explanation... another one tells me things to get but doesn't show me exactly what they are.. and i'm supposed to learn?

i'm supposed to learn?

Bingo!

Edit: Do you want me to move this to "Gigs and collaborations"?

Ruffsta:
and i'm supposed to learn?

Yes, that's the point.

You seem to expect nothing less than a complete project explanation with schematics and code.

then show me the parts, which resistors.. i learn when i am shown and taught the right way.. don't just say go get "resistors" but not tell me which one.. that's no help at all!

i have leds, but they don't tell me anything about them..

and one learns from that? good job teaching.. not!

Ruffsta:
then show me the parts, which resistors.. i learn when i am shown and taught the right way.. don't just say go get "resistors" but not tell me which one.. that's no help at all!

hahaha you are funny!

ok, lets start from the beginning...
do you know how to connect a led to the arduino and to code it so it turns on and off?

don't tell me get drivers and not show me what it is.. yeah keep teaching that way.. everybody gets what you're saying that way

Ruffsta:

one tells me i need i/o pins, the other tells me there is no easy way of doing it, another throws code at me that i have never seen before and no explanation... another one tells me things to get but doesn't show me exactly what they are.. and i'm supposed to learn?

Frankly because you seem to just want help to make your project idea a reality instead of asking help on how to learn to write your own sketches and learning basic electronic skills. You are looking for a short-cut and while that is at least honest it doesn't tend to generate the kind of help you are asking for.

Your project is large and complex and would never be a good choice for a beginner to start with. Arduino is not a plug and play or lego type activity, it's a learning journey and you haven't yet decided to start the journey with baby steps, but rather want help to jump to the end of the journey. Pay your dues or pay someone to build the project for you.

Lefty

good job teaching.. not!

I'm a really good teacher.
I teach people to SCUBA dive.
I haven't yet lost a pupil

Of course, I weeded out the ones who didn't want to learn before we even got wet.

Sergegsx:
do you know how to connect a led to the arduino and to code it so it turns on and off?

obviously

Ruffsta:

i have leds, but they don't tell me anything about them..

Well, typically components come with datasheets, so I would start with that...

You're expecting me to teach you? Did the tuition check you sent me get lost in the mail?

Ruffsta:

Sergegsx:

obviously

haha not so obvious from your posts.

So what you know to calculate the resistor based on the led, or you just get a random resistor and led?

You have a RGB led, and there is a RGB sketch at your disposal in the examples, try it.
Start with one, get it to work, then add more. Your resistors should be no more than 150 - 200 ohms.

AWOL:

good job teaching.. not!

I'm a really good teacher.
I teach people to SCUBA dive.
I haven't yet lost a pupil

Of course, I weeded out the ones who didn't want to learn before we even got wet.

You really need to be a good teacher to teach SCUBA dive, same as skydiving and all of this sports.
Trust me, you teaching skills are not the problem here hehe

i got a bunch off ebay.. no data - they were just rgb 4 pins.. came in a clear bag.. so, no i did not know how many i needed. i learned later on that i would need 3 resistors per led (still don't know which ones). then later on i needed i/o pins (never shown to me, so i don't know what to get).

so i'm to learn without being shown? nice way to teach a new person..

no data -

Tough break.

let me ask you something?
have you paid anyone to teach you? then why should any of us feel the need to do it? all you say is "how am i supposed to learn if you dont show me"

fix your manners and then we can try to fix your arduino problem.

lets start with inputs and outputs also know as I/O
Your input....ZERO, NADA !
obviously the output is ... THE SAME.

i'm not afraid to put my time in and my skills. i coded for years making websites, vb 6.0 and making a few simple ds games.. i have soldering experience..

i may have not touched coding in a bit.. i just need some help when it comes to something new! so please don't talk down to me or treat me differently. how many of you can say you made a ds game? or made a website for a major store? or made any pc software? ok then, if you're going to teach me - then teach!

Ruffsta:

Yeah it's kind of random throw of darts. If you reveal your complete target, you will see darts thrown closer to that target. You are the only one with this idea and you want US to know what YOU need, you should do better in the project description department.

Someone pointed out arduino basic tutorial will help you learn to turn on one LED. You will need a different way to do 100+ LEDs but that's where you start, if you don't know resistors yet. There are standard answers to how to control 300 LEDs with arduino but the answer will not help you. You level up first. Come back after you master the basic tutorial and someone will point you to your next step or using shift registers to do a bunch of RGB LEDs using a chip called 595 to do single colors on and off or TLC5940 and some common anode RGB LEDs for color mixing. You go from there to your final project. You want the end result now, you should post on the gigs and collaboration board to ask someone to do it for you, for some payment.

Now you bought some ebay LEDs, :slight_smile: no data sheets? Typical. Do you have the sales page, if you want some help on the LEDs and how to pick resistors?
I can't believe a dozen replies turned up between diaper change. You are really getting attention from across the globe now. Don't waste it with some negative replies.

Sergegsx:
let me ask you something?
have you paid anyone to teach you? then why should any of us feel the need to do it? all you say is "how am i supposed to learn if you dont show me"

fix your manners and then we can try to fix your arduino problem.

lets start with inputs and outputs also know as I/O
Your input....ZERO, NADA !
obviously the output is ... THE SAME.

yes, i paid a bit for php when i owned my former online mafia game..

i've tried to be nice, i have learned a few things being new to arduino.. c is definitely different than what i am used to i admit..

ok then, if you're going to teach me - then teach!

Some demonstration of willingness to learn would be appreciated.