Aloha Arduino

Aloha Arduino People in Hawaii.
billmb is in Puna

Alohe billmb, welcome to the forum.

I have a feeling billmb won't be back to see this reply (unless he gets an email I suppose), but I bumped it seeing how it is a great title for an intro thread.

I'm located on Oahu Island and recently came to own an UNO R3 and the Arduino cookbook. I also just ordered a good $100 worth of tinkering parts from Mouser and Sparkfun and I'm looking forward to building most of the projects from the book over this summer. I'd love to meet up with anyone else in the Honolulu area to collaborate and help each other out.

A little background about me: I'm a student at Hawaii Pacific University in the Computer Information Systems program. I have some electronics experience and have been studying Java pretty much daily since this January. I cracked a book on Python for the first time right about the time my Arduino arrived in the mail about a week ago. Seeing all the C similarity, I'm going to hold off on Python until next year so I can focus on both Java and Arduino programming for the time being.

Does anyone know where I can buy an arduino board on Oahu?

Thanks

Just order some variety of clone from China.
I really like the Infiduino clone because it uses a mini-B USB plug instead of the honkin' big type-B.

anyone also know where to buy an arduino uno board here in honolulu? (need it and cant wait for shipping). most radio shacks have already closed and the ones left, dont have the uno, only the far more expensive ones...

Order from Digikey or Mouser, they'll ship all kinds of ways, need to enter your zip code to see what's available to you:

UPS Ground
UPS 3-Day Delivery
UPS 2nd Day Air
UPS Overnight
UPS Next Day Air Early AM
U.S. Postal Service First Class Mail
U.S. Postal Service Priority Mail
U.S. Postal Service Priority Mail Express
FedEx Ground
FedEx Saver (3-Day Delivery)
FedEx Economy (2nd Day Air)
FedEx Overnight P.M. Delivery
FedEx Overnight A.M. Delivery
FedEx First Overnight AM Delivery

Tara Electronics (website) has a few clones for cheap and ship quick. Great prices on many other components, too.

Which Radio Shacks are still open on Oahu?