HELP & Advise on home automation system....

Hi everyone.I want to automate a home system with microcontroller.i donno if arduino is good for such a project.well,i think about bascom or codevision and then making a lot of pcb and take care of noise and so on,and realize that they are not very suitable.arduino is good for some of university or homemade or even complex project but are they good at a real-life project?i mean,the home automation system isnt a joke so i need a very powerful thing.it is better to work with arduino or skip to the ARM or raspberri pi or even more complex thing like mini computer?i want a bunch of arduino to control the house in real life and im afraid that it can`t handle it.please help me by your opinion and advise.thanks a lot

For home automation I would look at Arduino-variant that has wifi built-in.

This request looks pretty hopeless .... But let's try.

Yes, an ATMega with Arduino bootloader can without any problem monitor a Reed switch on a window and blink an IR led to notify a receiver about events.
No, an ATMega with Arduino bootloader cannot run a full featured webinterface for controlling, flexible rule sets and such.
An there are quite a lot more than 50 shades of grey in between.

What are your commonents?
How are they supposed to communicate?
The choice of controllers comes far behind this.

ElCaron:
This request looks pretty hopeless .... But let's try.

Yes, an ATMega with Arduino bootloader can without any problem monitor a Reed switch on a window and blink an IR led to notify a receiver about events.
No, an ATMega with Arduino bootloader cannot run a full featured webinterface for controlling, flexible rule sets and such.
An there are quite a lot more than 50 shades of grey in between.

What are your commonents?
How are they supposed to communicate?
The choice of controllers comes far behind this.

thanks for your answer.my thought about a home automation system is a system of sensors like temperature,light,gas and humidity that sense the environment like room or kitchen or hall.then all of them communicate with a master that receives data from all of them and upload them on a very simple server so you can have a full control over your house from your smartphone with internet.you can switch on or off your chiller or heater,oven or stove,light and lamp of the house or in the bigger view,opening the door of parking and something like watering the home garden.all of them must be controlling in the smartphone or you can change the routine of their work.it`s all of it.is arduino a good choice or must i go for some expensive thing like raspberry pi or for example use both of them to keep the project fee lower?

You will need a more powerful device to run the Home automation server software. Evaluate OpenHAB. I am not exactly happy with it, but I have too much in there to switch. It is also very powerful and it is modern and actively devoloped, so it is questionable if I would switch to e.g. FHEM after closer evaluation.

An RPi would be an option, but if your budget is not too tight, maybe look for something with the Amlogic S905(x) or ROckchip rk33xx chipsets. They are quite a lot more powerful, and it seems like we are looking at great Linux support. Avoid other boards, they are a pain in the ass regarding kernel support and such.

For sensors and actuators, ATMegas can do what you want. Have a look at the MySensors project.
Alternatively, have a look at ESP8266, e.g. the Wemos D1 Mini. I have not managed to really get them battery powered because the wifi connection takes too long, but people claim they got it working with the ESPEasy project.

Also consider to use e.g. commercial Z-Wave for some things. You just cannot build a switchable outlet adapter as small and save as in industrial production.

Im with ElCaron,

a home automation is a complex job, but you have to mix up many thinks, you must put your project in levels,

for example, Controller(smartphone), FrontEnd(OpenHab), Transmition Server (MQTT), and LowLevel gadgets (arduino).

Controller may be your smartphone,
Front End, the server that allow you to wach your stauff,
Transmition Server, maybe a mqtt server who allow you to talk with the Low Level gadgets,
Low Level gadgets, the sensor an the actuator who allow you sense and control connect to arduino.

the frontEnd and the MQTT server could be running in a single raspi. and you can make many bugs as you want with arduino.