Arduino

Hello, i need help with fadeing on this principe:

image link : Fade?!! - Album on Imgur

But i dont know how to write it, please help :o :o :o :o :o

So, it looks like you want 6 LEDs to walk through a fade pattern.
Do you have an arduino?
Do you have LEDs?

I would start with a blink example to make sure that you have things wired up properly
Then I would move on to a fade tutorial.
Then I would wire up the other 5 LEDs and try to make them all fade.

What have you tried?

I have an Arduino : Mega 2x, Due 1x and led strips

hmmm. You will have to provide better info. You had not mentioned LED strips before.
Which strips? Can you provide a link to the spec for your LED strip?

The image you posted to appears to show 6 LEDs, with how they should behave over time. Is my interpretation right?

Or is this project and image dealing with one of the addressable multicolor LEDs?

This code i will implement only to PWM +5 voltage, i have my own drivers for controll my led strips, this drivers for led strips i have completed, but i need only code for controll this led , thank you for your interest in my problem. :slight_smile:

I understood the words you used but I can glean no meaning from them. :-D

Joking aside, I AM confused by your last post.
Let me take the questions one at a time.

1. Is the fade sequence in the picture supposed to describe how your LED strip should behave?

A couple of starting ideas...

To begin, you’ll need to learn about -

• millis() timing
  • PWM (analogWrite)
  • a lookup table to make your led fades ‘linear’

Lukyx4:
This code i will implement only to PWM +5 voltage, i have my own drivers for controll my led strips, this drivers for led strips i have completed, but i need only code for controll this led , thank you for your interest in my problem. :slight_smile:

Without seeing the code you already have, we cannot help yopu.
What are the strips you have?
Can you please post a copy of your circuit, in CAD or a picture of a hand drawn circuit in jpg, png?
We need more information.
Thanks.. Tom.. :slight_smile:

vinceherman:

I understood the words you used but I can glean no meaning from them.

:smiley:

Joking aside, I AM confused by your last post.
Let me take the questions one at a time.

1. Is the fade sequence in the picture supposed to describe how your LED strip should behave?

Answer to your question YES

More herding cats!

Lukyx4:
Answer to your question YES

Good. Now we know that you are not looking for 6 individual LEDs to be controlled.

1. Which LED strip do you have? Link to the spec or where you purchased it will help.

I have normal LED Strips for 12 V and this strips are controlled by 6 NPN tranzistors and my Power source is trom Pc ATX, can web jump on sketch?

Lukyx4:
can we jump on sketch?

Unfortunately, no.

Do you know why Paul__B made the joke about herding cats?
From wikipedia - Herding cats is an idiom denoting a futile attempt to control or organize a class of entities which are inherently uncontrollable – as in the difficulty of attempting to command a large number of cats into a group (herd).

I am trying to nudge you in the direction of giving answers to some technical details of your project. And like a cat being herded, you are quickly sidestepping my attempts and failing to give the required technical details.

I recognized that you are not making the connection to the line of questions I was starting to ask, so in reply #6 I made the process easier and asked only a single question. My hope was that this way I could guide you into giving usable answers. You cave an answer (YES) so then I asked my second question in reply #11. Your answer to that question was not helpful.

The word normal does not give me the technical information I am looking for.
There are single color LED strips.
There are RGB LED strips where the entire strip changes color together.
There are addressable RBG LED strips.
There are addressable RGBW LED strips.
There are probably more types that I am not thinking of now.
Don't make me guess. That will not lead to helpful coding suggestions.

I am not familiar with an LED strip that uses 6 inputs. Can you provide a link to your type of LED strip?

Edit: I realize that this book I wrote might sound a bit rough. I do not intend it to be denigrating to you. My intent is not to insult, but to explain how your answers are not leading to a code solution yet. I do want to help. But I do not have enough information yet to do so.

Driver looks like:

link : Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Hi,

Please read the first post in any forum entitled how to use this forum.
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html .

OPs Circuit;

Tom... :slight_smile:

"vinceherman" sa me for scheme, i wanna help with sketch only

I hope that someone is able to help you.
Unfortunately without the missing information, I cannot understand what you are really trying to do.

Each one LED Strip have only one color, strips are not adressable, i wanna control LED Strips fade via PWM signal, only one thing i dont know, how i can write cycle for continual fadeing between this strips

Ok,
You need (6?) PWM outputs, then drivers to supply current to your LED strips from a power supply rated to the voltage and current of your LEDS.
Choose high-side or low-side...
N-FETS or low-side drivers are generally easier to buy.

Next, write some code using AnalogWrite() calls- then post so we can guide you from there.