YELLOW LED L

This LED can be located at the top of J5 above the +5v pin. It comes ON when I quickly press the RST twice.

I have 2 different sketches, when I upload one, this LED blinks quite fast and then goes OFF.

When I upload the other sketch, the LED again blinks fast but his time stays ON ?

What is the function of this LED ?

Is their a users manual for the MKRZERO board ?

The LED marked L is the "onboard" LED. It is connected to one of the IO pins of the microcontroller. So you can control it in your sketch. Most beginners become acquainted with this LED on their very first experience with Arduino via the Blink sketch. There is a pre-defined macro for the pin number it's connected to: LED_BUILTIN. Traditionally, this LED was connected to pin 13, but on the SAMD there are extra IO pins so designers gave it a dedicated IO pin so it doesn't interfere with any of the other pins. It happens to be on pin 32, but it's better to use LED_BUILTIN in your code so the code will automatically adapt to any board it's used with. The onboard LED is also used by the bootloader as a status indicator, which is why you see it blinking during the upload.

You can find some good information about the MKR Zero on the product page (make sure to check all the tabs):

The onboard LED is documented on the Documentation tab of that page.

There is more information on the Getting Started page:

Hi, first post so sorry if I should have started a new topic, but I stumbled on this while I was looking for information on the MKR Zero's onboard LED.

I have downloaded the Eagle files for this board and it has a yellow LED connected to pin 7 (PB08). Am I missing something, or have I downloaded the wrong file somehow?

Cheers

Buzz

buzz_nz:
it has a yellow LED connected to pin 7

The "7" indicates the physical pin number on the chip. That number is of very little relevance to the Arduino user. The pin number 32 I mentioned in my previous reply is the Arduino pin number. Arduino pin numbers are arbitrary identifiers assigned to the IO pins on the microcontroller. They don't necessarily have any correlation to physical pin numbers. You can see the mapping of the Arduino pin numbers for the MKR Zero here:

The Arduino pin number is the array index.

Cheers, good to know. :slight_smile: