R.O.V. Project Now Active

What level of person is this site aimed at?

Of the two "common datasheets" one is small and hard to read but also strictly "electronics 101" level, which is OK if that's the target audience.

But the 7-seg pinout is totally useless because the actual device is not mentioned, and they are all different.

Apart from that this is information readily available elsewhere, maybe stuff relating to ROVs would be more appropriate.

And what has "Guild Launch" got to do with ROVs? That's the hosting server isn't it? The two posts on the forum appear to be the "welcome" stuff directed at you, the new forum/site owner.

I like this,

ROV Development I hate fine print. or do i? Muah ha ha ha ha .

at first it irritated me because on my hi-res screen I couldn't read it, still you gotta have a laugh occasionally eh? That said I don't know why you would hide the site's tag line (ROV Development) in a tiny font.

One other thing, the typeface for your TurTech name changes when you get to the forum, as does the colour and general look and feel. It's normally good to try to keep some continuity when swapping like this, I admit it's not always possible with forums as there are only so many themes available. But at least the title/logo/colour should be as consistent as possible.

Personally I don't feel that either typeface is appropriate, one is too bland (with bad kerning) and the other too "Game of Thrones", I would search for a good tech-looking typeface.

The turtle logo/analogy is good for underwater ROVs.

Rob