Free virtual Uno simulation environment

I can't make the motor to turn to both directions. I know it has something to do with Dir and Enc but tried some combinations to no avail.

FIXED, I was not correctly setting the Dir PIN as OUTPUT!

Took me less than an hour to download and test out some code concepts. What a great tool!

Sunny ways, Prof. Simmons, sunny ways. Posted from the foot of Kingston Rd. in Toronto, so you are literally just up the street from me. :slight_smile:

Sunny ways, Prof. Simmons, sunny ways. Posted from the foot of Kingston Rd. in Toronto, so you are literally just up the street from me. :slight_smile:

Sounds like you are quite liberal (L)

All files at https://www.sites.google.com/site/unoardusim/services are infected with malware. DO NOT DOWNLOAD.

my windows 10 found malware in the latest UnoArduSimV1.4.3...

+Tk Boyd I have contacted you back and also looked at the Arduino thread you mention. You look like an avid supporter of the software and I admire you for it. I am not the author of the Uno Arduino Simulator. Professor Stan Simmons of Queen's University, Canada is the author. He may be reached at unoardusim@gmail.com

Would some assist in downloading the simulation software Prof Simmond V1.5 please.
I keep getting blocked by "Smart Screen Filter"
Kind regards.
Indelec

Nice software, thank you very much.
Is it possible to add our own (simple) models of devices?
In our Robotics Club we use the Ultrasonic Transducer a lot (HC-SR04)

Thanks,
Geoff...

Back in early May, Damain, newbie, 3 posts, announced that there was a malware problem with the simulator downloads.

I looked into it, made enquiries, waited to see what developments arose.

Of several possible explanations, it seems that maybe an .exe being inside a .zip was giving rise to a false positive. I have read many places that Windows Defender is next to useless. I also haven't looked with great care... which is what you need to do in this wicked world, at the download link cited by Damain.

Today, I went to my own page about the simulator...

https://www.sites.google.com/site/unoardusim/services

Used the "Catch your simulator... Go to..." link there, and a little RTMing... the download may not, today, be EXACTLY what is was when I wrote my page... fetched the zip for version 1.5, and on a Windows 7 (until MS highjacks it, with THEIR malware) did a malware scan of it with Eset's Intnernet Security, which I have been happy with for some time. No issues reported.

===
Off topic rant- Windows.... I've heard it said that the little red "x" in the upper right corner of the "Do you want to upgrade to Wondows 10"- type windows that are plaguing the planet has been reprogrammed to mean "Yes! Update me!" (You know the window... the one that doesn't have a "no, go away, don't ask again" button.)

One of my systems took 20 hours to download the massive monstrosity that clutters my soon-to-be-Linux desktop PC, VDU monitor, with all sorts of stuff only appropriate to a internet enabled smartpone with a touchscreen. Bah!

I have not been able to download the arduino simulator...

Very nice software, saved me already a lot of time!

However i ran into a problem.
I like to simulate a program which makes use of the virtual wire library.
When including it, UnoArduSim complains at the first line of the library (#ifndef VirtualWire_h):
"PARSE ERROR: unable to parse line".

I'm running it on linux with wine, may that be an issue? Or am I doing something wrong?

Hi kernash, does this work OK on a real Arduino and/or on the Simulator: http://virtronics.com.au/Simulator-for-Arduino.html

Hi,

This is a cool tool, but I am having some trouble using it. I am trying to do a simple test where I read a value from a 0-5V slider and then have it translate to 0-360 degrees output to a servo. So far, it will not read in a value from the slider. The servo will accept the output, but the value is not as it should be. Here is the code which I cobbled together. I would appreciate any help pointing out errors and fixes. Thanks in advance,

#include <Servo.h>

const int srvPin = 9;//servo comtrol pulses

Servo servo1;
int count;
int pwmPin = 10; // output pin supporting PWM
int inPin = 3; // voltage connected to analog pin 3, e.g. a potentiometer
int val = 0; // variable to store the read value
float volt = 0; // variable to hold the voltage read

void setup()
{
count=0;
pinMode(pwmPin, OUTPUT); // sets the pin as output
servo1.attach(srvPin);//attach servo1
}
void loop()
{
count=count+1;
delay(200);
val = analogRead(inPin); // read the input pin
volt =(5.0 * val) / 1023; //translate analog 5-volt slider to output range
val = 360 * (volt / 255); //prepare variable for servo output (0-360)
//analogWrite(pwmPin, val); //ignore for now
servo1.write(val);
}

Hi, this sketch looks OK except for one line:

val = 360 * (volt / 255); //prepare variable for servo output (0-360)

should be 

val = 360 * (volt / 5.0); //prepare variable for servo output (0-360)

In Simulator for Arduino, the output pin changes a shade of red and the angle is displated to the right of the pin.

Mudkip909:
HALP MEH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

No can do, good buddy. Please post

• The full error message;
  • The full line of code that generates the error;
  • At least one line before, two or three might be better, and one line after wouldn't hurt; and
  • Declarations for all variables used in the code that generates the error.

I'll have a look for what it's worth, and you might get better minds than mine looking as well once there is something to look at.

Can we interface virtual LED display in Arduino simulator,,..if so can any one tell how,,..?

Hello..
perhaps a silly question, is this a standalone simulator ? or do i need to install/run it on the same machine which has Arduino IDE installed ?

Regards

Standalone!

Woo, this simulator is great, exactly what I what looking for. Thank you mate!