Cant change LED Module colors

Hello community I am new to arduinos and they are very interesting and fun.

I have a pair of LED modules connected to an arduino nano shield and they work, but I can not change there colors to anything unique. For example:

// Works fine which is red
setColor(255,0,0);
//Suppose to be purple but looks red
setColor(80,0,80);

I can change them to to red or green or blue, but not to anything that is a mixture to make up another color such as yellow or orange or purple.

So
setColor(0,0,255);
results Blue ?

Yes it will be blue.

But using mixed colors to produce something else does not look accurate, sometimes not even close to the intended color.

Are all the pins you're using PWM pins? That looks like it would just be using analogWrite() on those pins, but not all pins are PWM capable.

Honestly I'm not sure this shield did not come with any diagram. How can I find out?

Have you tried a diffuser? Hold some white paper a few mm in front of the LED or rough the surface with very fine sand paper.

GodMan:
Honestly I'm not sure this shield did not come with any diagram. How can I find out?

Use a multimeter.

The (red) shield looks like it just makes the pins of the nano available in Uno form-factor. On the Uno, you need pins 9, 10 and 11; those are the only 3 PWM pins on the Uno that are next to each other. It looks like you have shifted the wires by one pin (8, 9, 10); but it's a bit difficult to see.

PS
Please post full code in future.

GodMan:

The shield is self-explanatory - it has the pin numbers, but it does not have the tilde marks for PWM as does the UNO.

sterretje:
The (red) shield looks like it just makes the pins of the Nano available in UNO form-factor.

Indeed it does, but more usefully, it is for connection of servos or "sensor" modules.

sterretje:
On the UNO, you need pins 9, 10 and 11; those are the only 3 PWM pins on the UNO that are next to each other. It looks like you have shifted the wires by one pin (8, 9, 10); but it's a bit difficult to see.

And that is indeed the problem, but even worse, he has connected the second LED module to pins 1, 2 and 3.

The colour coded wires are cute though!

Moral of the story - if you want to play around with colour on more than one LED, use NeoPixels.