1.6.1 This board comes from an uncertified manufacturer

"This board comes from an uncertified manufacturer
We won't be able to provide any support if it doesn't work as expected."

This is the message I get when programming the mega2560 v3. I bought the mega from Mouser and the board looks legit with the golden 7h05 chip next to the USB port.

BTW the driver installed correctly when I had problems with the 1.6.0 version.

Any thoughts?

rob

my UNO does the same

Complain to Mouser, who will then shout at Arduino who may then fix their code.

rolled back to 1.6.0 , and now it works fine....

a55830 it will work fine with 1.6.1 as well

Both boards (.cc and .org) are "original", just the USB VID are different :confused: , but ... please look HERE ... there is a case pending between the two companies.

Guglielmo

hie I'm a newbie just bought an UNO R3 from DAFLABS 86/13 Sukh Sadan, Sion west, mumbai 400022 India ! board has that golden chip but IDE 1.6.1 for windows admin after connecting it shows the message:

"This board comes from an uncertified manufacturer.
We won't be able to provide any support if it doesn't work as expected."

how do i know if my board is original ?

starstuff:
"This board comes from an uncertified manufacturer"
This is the message I get when programming the mega2560 v3.

Since it happens on upload I would turn on verbose upload logging (in Preferences) to see if any of the verbose messages indicate what it is about the board that makes it look "uncertified".

Perhaps uploading the 1.6.1 firmware for the ATmega16U2 and the 1.6.1 Arduino Mega 2560 bootloader would make the board look 'certified'.

yes it would as you would override the pid/vid.

but really, nothing else change, i would just live with that.

If the warning becomes annoying, turn it off by selecting checkbox "don't show me again"

gpb01:
Both boards (.cc and .org) are "original", just the USB VID are different :confused: , but ... please look HERE ... there is a case pending between the two companies.

Guglielmo

Yup. And then some. For more on the background, see this writeup (not coincidentally, by me) at Hackaday.com.

Right, having read the Hackaday article:

You only get the pop up saying it is an uncertified board if it is a real genuine Arduino (but made by the half that fell out).... and don't get it on clones...

Brilliant*.

*Possibly not.

Yep, that's what I did... thanks.

Hey guys,

I have an original board purchased from robofun.ro, and I got this message also.

I've read the issues and story behind this ...

I solved the issue by reflashing the USB to serial firmware to -> Atmega 16U2 using the official image named UNO-dfu_and_usbserial_combined.hex following the instructions here:

Remember that V3 has an 16U2 not a 8U2 chip.

The VIDs are now:

USB\VID_2341&PID_0001&REV_0001
USB\VID_2341&PID_0001

And the board it's no longer comming from an "uncertified manufacturer". Everything looks peachy :slight_smile:

Did this just because I was simply annoyed by seeing "uncertified manufacturer" next to the COM port in 1.6.1 IDE.

Hope it helps the purists out there :slight_smile:

Popte.

I too bought some Arduino Uno R3 from a reputable distributor and got the Arduino.org boards. When those were plugged in, they were not recognized and a serial port was not assigned.

I could have just downloaded the software from Arduino.org, but I do not want to have to install two serial port drivers.

This page:

Shows how to reprogram the Usb chip.

Flip must be downloaded from:

But the process was not easy. I got missing dll errors, the boards were not recognized as Arduinos. Finally, I happened onto a procedure that worked. Here it is:

Steps 1..6 are a one time setup

1. download and install flip 3.4.7 with java
  2. go to C:\Program Files\Atmel\Flip 3.4.7\usb\x86 and rename libusb0_x86.dll into libusb0.dll
  3. copy libusb0.dll to C:\Windows\System32
  4. plug in the arduino and with the board horizontally so arduino uno can be read, short the two vertical pins on the left of the 6 pin header next to the reset button
  5. go to the control panel and go to computer management->device manager->Other Devices.
  6. Right click on ATmega16U2 DFU -> Update Driver Software -> Browse My Computer -> select C:\Program Files\Atmel\Flip 3.4.7\ and subfolders

Steps 7..13 are to be repeated for each arduino.org to be changed to arduino.cc

7 ) Open Flip, click on the first icon on the task bar (the chip), select AtMega16U2
8 ) click on File->Load Hex File -> C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\firmwares\atmegaxxu2\arduino-usbserial,
9 ) select Arduino-usbserial-atmega16u2-Uno-Rev3.hex
10) click the second icon (the USB cable), then on Usb (Ctrl+U), then on Open
11) On the Operations Flow block, click on Run (if an error programming the 16U2 is shown, exit flip and launch it again)
12) On the ATmega16U2 block, uncheck "Reset" and click "Start Application" or unplug and plug the arduino.org, it will be detected as an arduino.cc
13) Wait for a serial port to be assigned to this arduino, then unplug it
14) plug the next device and short the dfu pins
13) exit Fip, relaunch it for the next device, sometimes I can jump to step 10 without relaunching Flip

At the end of this procedure, the arduino.org boards with VID 2A03 and PID 0043 Rev_001 will be shown as arduino.cc boards with VID 2341 and PID 0043 Rev_001

that is strange, the driver should work, just the ide should give a warning...

I guess it has something to do with me using 1.5.5-r2...

instead of upgrading a working arduino installation, I'd rather go thru all the trouble with getting Flip to work so all boards look the same:

"Thank you, but I prefer it my way" :smiley:

there is a bug open on the arduino github, ti make all board act the same (no warning)

Is there a way to update the USB for an arduino mega 2560?? I just got one from DFRobot and it's from arduino.org, I'd like to change it to the .cc "certified" version.