A6 gprs/gsm

I have this expirience with Goouuu Tech Mini IOT-GA6 GPRS GSM Module. In all cases Im using arduino IDE Serial monitor and Arduino is connected to PC with USB

1. G6 with CP2102 module. 5V->VCC, GND->GND, RX->TX, TX->RX. PWR not conected. No problems. Module is replying to AT commands, calls and SMS are working. Notice, that as a power source Im using TTL (USB).

2. G6 with Arduino UNO. ARD-5V->VCC, ARD-GND->GND, RX->PIN2, TX->PIN3. PWR not conected. Sometimes there are problems. I think it is beacouse Im using SoftwareSerial at 115200.

3. G6 with Arduino UNO and external 2A source for G6. source-5V->VCC, source-GND->GND, RX->PIN2, TX->PIN3. PWR not conected. Communication is almost not possible beacouse of comunication errors.

4. MY FINAL SOLUTION G6 with Arduino UNO and external 2A source for BOTH. source-5V->G6-VCC->ARD-VIN, source-5V-GND->G6-GND->ARD-GND, RX->PIN2, TX->PIN3. PWR not conected. Works perfectly with almost no errors. Im not very experienced, but I thing the key is to have common GND for Arduino and G6. Not sure if its OK to have external power source and USB connected to PC. Maybe I was lucky and nothing happened.