New to Feather M0 and WINC1500. Updating WINC1500 to 19.5.5?

I can't seem to update the firmware for WINC1500. The firmware is currently 19.4.4. How do I update to 19.5.5?

Please provide a detailed description of what you've tried to update the firmware and what problems you encountered that prevented you from doing the update.

Did you follow these intructions? Updating Firmware | Adafruit Feather M0 WiFi with ATWINC1500 | Adafruit Learning System

If so, what are the errors you are seeing?

Well, right now the firmware Updater for the WINC1500 has errors when uploading. Reinstalled Arduino IDE 1.8.8 and it's now screwed up. To be honest with you, I HATE the whole concept of open source (freeware) software. Zero testing being done and sometimes by a bunch of lunatics. I simply don't have the time nor patience tracking down a bunch of goobly-gook like a Keystone Cop. I'm going with the Raspberry PI hardware where I have some control over it. Adafruit and Arduino ought to be taken out back and shot!

Psst, don't tell him Linux is open source software, too.

I just watched an interview with Linus Torvalds. I'm not sure why he likes open source software (I supposed he dreamt it up?) and all the hype that goes with it. When you want a Porsche you get a Porsche. Not something cobbled up together by amateurs with no Q&A. :slight_smile:

I can not reflash to version 19.5.5. I watched the video review, but without result.