Regulating terrarium switch light

Hey,
I want to automate my terrarium switch light, I want to profile two seasons. Do you think that arduino is the solution? (without a big consumption of electricity and totally automated for years)

ty,
Thomas

You need to give more details about what upper season profiles are. Assuming it's just adjusting the length of time the light is on each day by adjusting 'sunrise' and 'sunset', An arduino should be able to do it easily.

As to power, even if it's running at full power all the time, I suspect that the power draw will be negligible compared to the lamp. If that's not enough, various sleep modes exist to make Arduinos very frugal on power consumption as long as you don't power them through the on board voltage regulator.

Thank's a lot.
It's just a Day/Night cycle witch must have two config ( summer and winter) and your informations about consommation where necessary. I'll buy one very soon to buid it. But, what kind of arduino items can switch automatically the light?

R4sty:
But, what kind of arduino items can switch automatically the light?

Typically you can drive a lamp with a Relay (it's power capability need to match the system you control and of course you need to protect it).

Don't play with 110V or 220V if you don't know what you are doing, that can kill someone, burn down your building etc....
relay.png

if you want it automated, you might want also to buy a Real Time Clock (RTC) to know what time of the day it is. Go for a DS3231 for example, it won't loose too much track of time.

if you have Wi-Fi where the terrarium is, you could consider using an ESP8266 or ESP32 or Arduino MKR Wi-Fi and get the time of day from the internet (but going to the internet for this is not energy friendly overall)

relay.png

OK, so i'll go for the RTC DS3231! ty
And about the relay, it means that i'll just have to connect the red cable of my lamp into the relay and all work is done?
Obviously not because it's plugged in 220v with (actually 1 45w Lamp and soon 2)
Does exist an other way witch just triggers switch with a servo motor or something?

Or may i use a Relay board like this one?

the relay in your post is similar to the one above, just that you have 2 of them on one board.
but if you don't understand how they work, don't play with it...

A servo motor can simulate your finger pressing on a button for sure and is less risky. You just need to ensure the mechanical work is done in the right way

J-M-L:
A servo motor can simulate your finger pressing on a button for sure and is less risky. You just need to ensure the mechanical work is done in the right way

I'll go for this! After having drawn a way it must work

+Karma <3