Share tips you have come across

Jiggy-Ninja:
My vote for the champion of the "unexpectedly useful soldering tip" category doesn't go to the crooked type J, but to the type K Knife tip.

I just have to say thanks, a thousand thanks, for making me aware of the existence of this fantastic soldering tip. I have been using the nearly-needle fine ones to get in among crowded pads and pins, but they deliver so little heat (tiny area) that it's slow work. This knife tip is the bee's knees! its knife edge and point are fine enough to sneak in there, but it has real mass and I get flow almost instantly. Plus as you note, it can bridge two pads... hey, it does everything!

This is now my go-to soldering tool. The super fine tip I still keep around on a spare iron, but I'm an enthusiastic convert to the type K for just about every task. Haven't found anything yet that it can't do. I do note that it's worth the steep-ish price to get the genuine Hakko item though, as the "Hakko compatible" ones from Banggood and similar outlets are crudely made, blunt, and clumsy by comparison to the real deal.