Help with mouse input and output?

weird_dave:
Yup. I rather like MorganS' reply.

The Due has 2 USB ports, although you may program using either, to act as a USB mouse, you must use the 'Native' port, not the one labelled 'Programming'.
If the foot pedal has pins inside that will accept those jumpers then it will be easy, but you may not know until you get it unless there are decent pics or datasheet for it. Do you have a soldering iron, or a friend who does? I'd buy some twin core cable and some 0.1" pitch headers and make a lead that fits my own requirements. Those jumpers are short, it looks like you could daisy-chain them together but that's pretty ugly and a bit expensive way to make a cable (and more connections = less reliability).

This is a tougher question. I'd get the cheapest I can find and play with it for a bit, to make sure I didn't cripple myself in battle. long term I might try to find one with adjustable spring tension, or potentially make my own (I smell another reason to get a 3D printer...)

As for knowing the pedal would be mostly empty, you have to guess what it takes to make one, everything comes down to cost, so you guess that the inside has a spring and a switch, they don't need to be big, so there's probably a lot of empty space. Experience plays a part here.

Although untested, I think I found some code that will work in terms of having the mouse do rapid fire from
looking at a similar post on reddit.

In my theory, this looks like it would work but then again you are the experienced one here so I was wondering if you could tell me if it works or not? If not, what is it used for?