fatal error with chrome

./opt/arduino-builder/arduino-builder -compile -core-api-version 10611 -hardware opt/arduino-builder/hardware -hardware ./opt/cores -tools opt/arduino-builder/tools -tools ./opt/tools -built-in-libraries opt/libraries/latest -logger humantags -fqbn arduino:avr:uno -build-cache /tmp -build-path /tmp/016446175/build -verbose -prefs runtime.tools.avr-gcc.path=./opt/tools/avr-gcc/5.4.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino2 -prefs runtime.tools.avrdude.path=./opt/tools/avrdude/6.3.0-arduino14 -prefs runtime.tools.arduinoOTA.path=./opt/tools/arduinoOTA/1.2.1 -libraries /tmp/016446175/custom -libraries /tmp/016446175/pinned /tmp/016446175/servo

Linking everything together...

lto1: fatal error: bytecode stream generated with LTO version 3.0 instead of the expected 4.1

compilation terminated.

lto-wrapper: fatal error: ./opt/tools/avr-gcc/5.4.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino2/bin/avr-gcc returned 1 exit status

compilation terminated.

/home/ubuntu/opt/tools/avr-gcc/5.4.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino2/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/5.4.0/../../../../avr/bin/ld: error: lto-wrapper failed

collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

exit status 1

could anybody please tell me what happened was working on chromebook before.

I'm getting the same error message today!! It was working last night....

Haven't seen a solution yet.....

There are multiple other reports of this bug:

I recommend subscribing to those threads so that you'll be sure to get news of any progress in fixing it.

Hello, please follow topic Issue 2018-10-30: lto-wrapper error prevent compilations for further information and updates about this.

Thank you.