An example of Arduino Due as an USB host mass storage

Palliser:
I wanted to share an example from Atmel ASF that shows how to implement a USB host mass storage on Arduino Due with USB module.

I have upload the .bin file in github for those interested to test it. If you want to move forward with this application, I'd recommend to install Atmel Studio 6 with ASF and build/compile the Arduino Due based example called "USB Host MSC FatFS example". I could write a sketch for Arduino IDE but you have to be patient.

For this application you will need:

• Arduino board
  • Flash memory card (FAT or FAT32)
  • A USB to mini-USB cable
  • Bossac.exe in you computer
  • Download my HOST_EXAMPLE21.bin file from github

Then, follow these steps:
1. Download the file HOST_EXAMPLE21.bin from this link:
~~https://github.com/downloads/Palliser/Arduino-DUE/HOST_EXAMPLE21.bin~~

1.1. Download the file HOST_EXAMPLE21.bin attached to this post (EDITED: March-05-2014).
2. Load HOST_EXAMPLE21.bin to Arduino Due using bossac.exe as follows:

Notice that I am using port 23 because that is the port in my laptop where my Due is connected.

1. After loading HOST_EXAMPLE21.bin in your Due, connect Due to a Flash Memory card (FAT/FAT32 are supported) using the USB-mini USB cable.

2. Finally disconnect the memory stick from Due and read it in your computer. The example creates in your memory card (stick) a file "uhi_msc_test.txt" that contains the text: Arduino Due Rocks!

If you want to create your own file and text you'll find the example in Atmel Studio 6 as follows:
File->New->Example Project from ASF->[Under Kit] Arduino Due X->USB Host MSC FatFS example

Regards!

Hi Palliser, I read the post, and I'm interested at your arduino due "library" if I can call it in this way, but I read that:

1. It can only be used on SdCard; and I want to use it on USB pens,
  2. For using it I must program directly the ARM processor, and I don't have much time to learn how-to-use/program it,
    What should I do? I want to simply read/write variable text files on usb pens with my Arduino 2 but without buy an USB Host Shield...
    Regards and thanks in advance for the help