Copy and paste disabling the serial monitor

When I copy and paste code either from a web site or with in the sketch itself the serial monitor doesn't respond. I was reading a web tutorial and copied some code into a new sketch and the serial monitor didn't respond at all. I then typed the code into a new sketch and the serial monitor responded as expected. I then copied and pasted some code within the sketch itself and the serial monitor doesn't respond. If I remove the copy and pasted code the serial monitor goes back to working. I'm running Version 60.0.3112.114 (Official Build) (64-bit) on an acer chromebook. I've pasted the very simple code below. It currently acts as expected but if I cut and paste lines 14-16 between lines 26 and 27 the serial monitor doesn't respond.

void setup(){
  Serial.begin(9600);

char Name[45] = "Hans";
  int count = 0;

Serial.print("Name = ");
  Serial.println(Name);

count = sizeof(Name);
  Serial.print("Length of Name with sizeof: ");
  Serial.println(count);

count = strlen(Name);
  Serial.print("Length of Name with strlen: ");
  Serial.println(count);

strcat(Name, " has two nephews, called Bram and Max!");
  Serial.print("Name = ");
  Serial.println(Name);

count = sizeof(Name);
  Serial.print("Length of Name with sizeof: ");
  Serial.println(count);

}

void loop(){

}

Hi @Uncle798,

I just tried to reproduce this with my Acer Chromebook and an Arduino Uno, seems fine to me (see attached screenshot). I think I cut and pasted in the right spot.

What board were you uploading the sketch to?

A sparkfun Red board

@Uncle798 could you do a screencast of what exactly happens? We are having a hard time reproducing your issue.