How do I install Arduino Web Editor plugin?

I wanted to install the web editor for my chromebook, but I am not sure how to install it. When I open the editor, it says in an orange bar at the top of the code, "No chrome app connection." So, I clicked on the button that said "Install App," but when I got to the chrome store the "Try Now" button to get the app was gray and I was unable to click on it. I then googled "How to install arduino web editor," and was brought to the arduino project hub where it told me to download a plugin and I would be able to write and upload my code. So, I clicked on the plugin link and it brought me to a website called GitHub. The website seemed confusing and I had never been there before. I am very confused because I have no clue what I am supposed to download. Please help!

There is a "specific" app for chromebooks and other installations for other full OS types.

The app has a fee to use it whereas the full program does not yet have a pay option and is still currently free for real computers.

There is a section specific to the chromebook app so you might want to read up on it in there as this is the main editor section.

@owenmckenney

Are you using your Chromebook within an Educational Setting? That could be the answer for seeing the Try Now button greyed out.

The GitHub repositories is for installing the plugin that is needed for using the Web Editor on Mac, Linux and Windows. The Chrome OS requires a different procedure as nothing can be installed. Also Google offers 2 different stores, one for individual consumers and another one for Schools.

If you are trying to install from a personal email please go to this link from your Chrome OS device. If you are in a school setting please check out blog next week as we are really close to launching the offering for education.

Thanks and sorry for the confusion, we are going to add a paragraph in the tutorial that describes what I just said in this post.

Above does not work- it just goes back to the same screen with the grayed-out button.

Any way to get Arduino Create outside of a school setting???

@jdietz

You need to read the posts at the top of this forum section then add plenty of extra information.

As it is there is not enough to even make an educated guess...sorry.