Arduino Due as a oscilloscope?

Hi,

I want to build an Oscilloscope with an Arduino. The main scope for the system is to "see" audio signals, so the highest frequency would be ~10 kHz. With those signals, each sample shoudl be taken each 3 us.

I have read this post and Arduino Due looks nice: http://frenki.net/2013/10/fast-analogread-with-arduino-due/

I want to confirm Arduino Due as a good platform to implement the Oscilloscope.

Thanks!

I've never used the Due, but I think that should be possible. What are you using for a display?

You'll need to bias the input (to allow for the negative half of the waveform) and you'll probably need to amplify and/or attenuate the signal to keep it within 3.3V P-P. And, you'll need to protect the input from negative voltages and voltage greater than +3.3V.

I want to confirm Arduino Due as a good platform to implement the Oscilloscope.

Probably not for a good oscilloscope. :wink: With enough add-on electronics (an instrumentation amplifier, fast ADC, more memory, etc.) you could probably build a good 'scope around a Due (or any microprocessor/microcontoller)... But, it's not an easy thing to build and I wouldn't try.

Somewhere on this forum I've posted interrupt-driven code for sampling the ADC
(and driving the DAC too, for what its worth). I forget the subject line, but a forum
search might throw it up.