DAC Anti-Alising Filter inside?

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out if the DAC of the Due have an inbuild anti-alising-filter. Does anybody have some information about that?

Thanks in advance

Joe

Joe_LowTech:
I'm trying to figure out if the DAC of the Due have an inbuild anti-alising-filter.

There is no such builtin filter, wou will have to follow one of the numerous turorials on this subject if you want to built an anti aliasing filter.

These DACs have a sampling frequency up to 1.68MHz (up to 42Mhz/25 = 1.68 MHz).

@Joe_LowTech

Is it anti-alising or anti-aliasing? We like to see correct spelling in the Title of the Subject.

@ard_newbie Thank you for your answer.

@GolamMostafa Go play a MOBA if you want to be salty.

@Joe_LowTech

I am a non-native, and for most of the time we go by dictionary/net for the spelling and meaning of a word when confusion arises. My query was very simple as to the spelling of the given word 'alias' vs 'alis'. It was not my intention to point that the spelling was wrong and should be corrected; accordingly, I have done strike-through on the last sentence of my Post#2. It could be possible for a native that the words alis and alias are the same as they produce the same sound like their and there.

A DAC does not need an anti aliasing filter. It may require, in your application, a reconstruction filter to smooth out the discrete steps of a DAC output. The difference between them is that the anti aliasing needs to filter out higher frequencies before they get folded down into your band of interest. A reconstruction filter needs to filter the higher frequency components but only as much as the circuits you are driving with it require. So the reconstruction filter is typically a much simpler thing than an anti aliasing filter. That said, I don't know what your application is or what frequencies you are dealing with so I can't say much more that that.

Can you share any more details?