WIFI based homeautomation

Hello. I am working for a home automation project. I want to control lights and fan using arduino via wifi. I searched many sites, but i cant find what I want. I just want that thw wifi will just receive value feom server and send value to arduino. After that arduino will control the lights. Can anyone help me.

WIFI MODULE - ESP8266( without node mcu)
Arduino uno

omshree424:
Hello. I am working for a home automation project. I want to control lights and fan using arduino via wifi. I searched many sites, but i cant find what I want. I just want that thw wifi will just receive value feom server and send value to arduino. After that arduino will control the lights. Can anyone help me.

WIFI MODULE - ESP8266( without node mcu)
Arduino uno

There are lot's of projects on the web that allow control of devices via wifi so I suspect that your requirements are somehow different. Your description of "receiving value from a server and send value to Arduino" doesn't make sense to me. Perhaps a clearer explanation would help.

For example, typically the ESP controls the fan/lights through a relay. The wifi allows a smart phone to communicate with the ESP to configure time/date of on/off events. Or to directly command the ESP to turn on/off devices. There are lot's of projects on the web that do this.

So, again, a more detailed description of your requirements might be helpful.

Frank

Hi frank.
I want to say that, justblike the Bluetooth works (ie it sends data like A,B,etc), I just wnt the bluetooth to work like that