geiger tube schematic, help with components sourcing?

I was referring to hacking... your device, I used them in both high school chemistry and physics classes, Even used one from a 'Foot Ex-ray" machine Geez If I knew then what I know now about that subject you wouldn't even gotten me to Dis-assemble it, let alone turn it into a class project, (personal). A Fluoroscope... We X-rayed almost everything... that would fit, even a really small 8th grade girl... I moved the 'Viewing Screen" down so the whole thing was at waist level, the students in wood shop made a nice box for it with a bracket to hold the 'Screen" and the Visor... I got an A for that class... Probably should have been drowned at birth... Might have been a safer world. I remember an X ray machine I made from a Scientific American "Amateur Scientist" Article... used an 01A tube (1920's triode tube) and some aluminum foil and instead of the spark coil HV Supply I used an old Color TV set... With the 6BK4 pulled (Shunt HV Regulator tube) I got about 40KV and made some great pictures until a neighbor who knew a little more than I did told my parents about the possibility of radiation burns.

Doc