Keyword highlighting

I was tinkering with memrchr() and noticed it is not represented by a theme color, like the way memchr() is.

Is this just an oversight? Can it be made to display a theme color?

// Find a character by searching backwards through a string
// uses memrchr()

char data[] = "/set color #FF5480";
char* numStart;
unsigned long numFound;

void setup() {
  Serial.begin(115200);
  Serial.print("input characters - ");
  Serial.println(data);
  numStart = (char*)memrchr(data, '#', strlen(data)); // find number marker by searching backwards
  numStart += 1; // move past marker character to point to first hex character
  Serial.print("-------------------\nas text - ");
  Serial.println(numStart);
  numFound = strtoul(numStart, NULL, HEX);
  Serial.print("as number - ");
  Serial.println(numFound);
}

void loop() {
// empty
}

The global keywords are defined in {Arduino IDE installation folder}/lib/keywords.txt

You can add it in your local installation, or if you want to try to get it done upstream, submit a pull request on GitHub:

It probably would be best to do a comprehensive review of the keywords and propose to add all missing ones at once, rather than a PR for a single keyword. I had luck adding a bunch of missing math keywords a while back:

so the developers aren't completely closed to the idea of adding more

pert:
You can add it in your local installation, or if you want to try to get it done upstream, submit a pull request on GitHub:

Thank you. I lean toward the pull request because then I won't have to fiddle with the install every time there's an update. Guess I'll have to learn how to use github. Sigh.

Where is memchr(); defined (the one that is working, i.e. highlighting)
Its not in keywords.txt local or global(github)??

I believe it's here:

RSyntaxTextArea is the editor used by the Arduino IDE. It has pre-defined keywords, but we can also define our own custom keywords.