uArm??An open source robot arm

Hi!

That's and awesome work.

I have 3D printer, if you want i can try to print it with ABS. That would give an easy solution for making the arm.

Thanks and best regards

zoomkat:
Would be nice to publish the arm frame plans in a pdf format which could be printed out on standard printer paper (larger parts might have to be split between two sheets of paper). I like the wood arm frame as wood can be easily worked with simple tools. 2'x2' sheets of 5.2mm lauan plywood are available at the US home improvement stores for ~$3.

Yes, our goal is to make a cheap and easy build robot arm. I have sent you a message about the pdf file.

malopezn:
Hi!

That's and awesome work.

I have 3D printer, if you want i can try to print it with ABS. That would give an easy solution for making the arm.

Thanks and best regards

Hi malopezn,

The 3D print one may be a cool idea of building this robot arm. But it may take a lot of time by making the parts by the 3D printer. While using laser cutting, it may be faster and easier.

Thanks so much.

Best Regards,
Eric

The second version of the robot arm is quite stable now. Here is a stacking test by using the gripper. More applications and test videos will be updated soon.

See the video here:

A Vacuum Gripper Suction Cup is often used on industry robot arm in manufacture. And we also add a small one on uArm.

The Vacuum Gripper Suction Cup is controlled by a small Vacuum Pump and a Solenoid Valve.

We made the first load test of the robot arm by using the Vacuum Gripper Suction Cup. It can lift a 330ml Coca Cola and move it to another place. More applications and test videos with the Vacuum Gripper Suction Cup will be updated soon.

See the video here:

After several tests of the arm with vacuum gripper suction cup, the robot arm can work very well.

Recently, we got an Iphone 5S, so we decide to make an unboxing test of Iphnoe 5S by uArm.

Let’s see how it works.

More interesting applications and test video of uArm will be updated soon.

Hi everybody!
First of all I want to congratulate you for this project, it´s a really cool arm, the movements are very smooth.
I´m doing something like that for my graduate project, is an aluminum arm and I'm trying to make the kinematic control. I have simulated the movement of all axes with 5 order polynomics, but I have not yet tested physically.
Can you share your code? it´s really interesting how the arm work.

Thanks!

Hi vulture156,

Of course we can share the Arduino source code to you. You can send an email to us at: ufactory.info@gmail.com to ask for the code.

Best Regards,
Eric

OSHW! CHEERS!

Stunning work, guys.

I hope my local laser cutting guys that I approached get back to me soon... If not, I'll look further afield. Those guys are like 15 minutes drive away....

In the past if one of the below mini vacuums would be strong enough to be used with a suction cup on a small arm.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Mini-USB-Vacuum-Keyboard-Cleaner-Dust-Collector-LAPTOP-Computer-/121240737862?pt=Computer_Cleaning_Equipment_Kits&hash=item1c3a82d846

JimboZA:
I hope my local laser cutting guys that I approached get back to me soon... If not, I'll look further afield.

Turns out Mrs Jimbo deals with one of these outfits- so that's an alternative.

JimboZA:

JimboZA:
I hope my local laser cutting guys that I approached get back to me soon... If not, I'll look further afield.

Turns out Mrs Jimbo deals with one of these outfits- so that's an alternative.

Hope to see your update of your own arm.

zoomkat:
In the past if one of the below mini vacuums would be strong enough to be used with a suction cup on a small arm.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Mini-USB-Vacuum-Keyboard-Cleaner-Dust-Collector-LAPTOP-Computer-/121240737862?pt=Computer_Cleaning_Equipment_Kits&hash=item1c3a82d846

Sound a good idea.

We have got some new servos for uArm.

Ordering my laser cut parts today.

Guys can you post a close-up of the brass stud and rivets that you mentioned in the parts list you sent me?

Also, the long spacers between the sides- see pic attached- are they on the parts list? I don't know what they are called. They look similar to the spacers I got with my Magician chassis.... are they commercial parts? EDIT... is that what you're calling Brass Studs, items 8-11 on the list?

I think you mentioned an assembly instructable somewhere.... is that up?

spacer-thing.PNG

JimboZA:
Ordering my laser cut parts today.

Guys can you post a close-up of the brass stud and rivets that you mentioned in the parts list you sent me?

Also, the long spacers between the sides- see pic attached- are they on the parts list? I don't know what they are called. They look similar to the spacers I got with my Magician chassis.... are they commercial parts? EDIT... is that what you're calling Brass Studs, items 8-11 on the list?

I think you mentioned an assembly instructable somewhere.... is that up?

Hi Jim,

Here is all the screws, nuts, bearings and brass stand-offs for assembling.

The long spacers you mentioned are the brass stand-offs, as we call Brass Studs. So sorry about my poor English. Is brass stand-offs right?

Yes I believe those are called "stand-offs".

My laser cutting is ordered and paid for whoo hoo.

Wonderful project!
Would you consider sharing the mechanical drawings fit (dxf) for laser cutting purpose?
Thank you!

UFactory:

zoomkat:
Not sure where you are storing your pictures, but they are not downloading for me using IE, I just get an X displayed. I like the design of keeping the servos off of the arm as much as possible.

We are so glad that you like our design, we are making a development of this robot arm and will make an update soon.

Hi UFactory,

First of all I want to congratulate you for this amazing project.
A laser cutter machine? Is it an expensive instrument? Or it doesn't cost too much?
However I really like your robotic arm. And I'll be honest...It's perfect for my project: building the first fully operative B1 Battle Droid (from Star Wars). Your robotic arm is perfect and, with your permission, I would want to use it for the upper and lower limbs of my project.
Where could I download all the stuff required to create the arm? It would be a pleasure for me to test your robotic arm in an advanced version. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Alessandro