Building an Arduino APRS Tracker (ham radio)

Here are my blog entries on building an APRS Tracker using Arduino ( on-going project )

The tracker is called SVTrackR.

I welcome anyone to test out my codes and contribute to the codes by forking my repo, the links on my blog.

Thanks

Stanley
9W2SVT / KG7OOY

Added some project pictures of SVTrackR

SVTrackR Side

Modem Side

Stanley,

Awesome work! I'll get this in the line of projects to test out. Arduino APRS is something I've wanted to work on for quite a while.

loner556

I've updated the SVTrackR ( Arduino APRS tracker ) with a mini 0.96" OLED display with all the supported functions and features :-

9W2SVT / KG7OOY

nice work ,. gone try it for sure

I've updated the APRS SVTrackR again to be put at car dashboard with :-

1. Speedometer (via GPS)
  2. No. of sats tracked

2 liner packet decodes with callsign, distance and 16 char of data

Hi Stanley this is a nice looking project.

I'm just getting started with something similar and am wondering if you have any updates on this project. I looked at your blog page and noticed you are using a Baofeng UV-5R looks like for your radio. Have you considered using a smaller transceiver? The one I just ordered is a DORJI DRA818V. It's still somewhere in the mail so I haven't gotten to play around with it yet.

I've also set up an APRS station at home using a mobile radio and a Kantronics KPC-3 Plus connected to my laptop, so I will be able to receive my packets from the module and should be able to see movement plotted on APRS.FI

Assuming I'll be tracking this way and using my callsign I shouldn't need the LCD / OLED display right?

I notice this thread is over 120 days old so anybody that has some input on the above please feel free to jump in there.

Thanks, KG7WPQ