Noob Question : L298N Controller Board Motor Input Error

Tried checking inputs of motor b i.e In 3 and 4 with a 9v battery supply but it didnt work....even followed the datasheet and all that but cant make any sense...

And yes i ve made the connections properly connected the battery negative terminal to ground and used a seperate 9v battery to power up the shield...

For the motor to run, one of the two pins IN3 and IN4 needs to be high, the other low. The PWM signal needs to go to EnB

What motor? What type of "9V battery"? The little rectangular things usually can't supply enough power to run motors. Oh and what do "didn't work" and "cant make any sense" mean, in detail?

If you provide the code you're using and a circuit diagram then we can verify whether you've really connected things properly and you're trying to drive them properly.

Steve

ThomasFromAmsterdam:
For the motor to run, one of the two pins IN3 and IN4 needs to be high, the other low. The PWM signal needs to go to EnB

Yes i did just that....

slipstick:
What motor? What type of "9V battery"? The little rectangular things usually can't supply enough power to run motors. Oh and what do "didn't work" and "cant make any sense" mean, in detail?

If you provide the code you're using and a circuit diagram then we can verify whether you've really connected things properly and you're trying to drive them properly.

Steve

Rectangular 9v battery which was used to check whether inputs are working by sending the current/voltage.. There was no code involved... I was just checking if they work correctly or not... Cant make any sense means that they are not responding to voltage applied to the input