Is isp32 good for make a quadcopter?

Is better use arduino nano or isp32 for quadcopter?

Hi KarlaSvalina,

Is better use arduino nano or isp32 for quadcopter?

Both the Arduino Nano and ESP32 can make very capable quadcopter flight controllers.

If it's your first flight controller design then personally I'd go with the Arduino Nano.

The Arduino Nano's analogWrite() function on digital pins 3, 9, 10 and 11 conveniently output 8-bit resolution, 490Hz PWM signals for your ESC motor outputs.

The Arduino Micro is also worth a look, it has two 16-bit timers that are capable of outputting four 11-bit resolution, 490Hz PWM waveforms. However, this requires register manipulation of the timers, rather than using analogWrite(). The main disadvantage of the Micro with respect to the Nano is that interrupts are only available on a small number of pins.

MartinL:
Hi KarlaSvalina,

Both the Arduino Nano and ESP32 can make very capable quadcopter flight controllers.

If it's your first flight controller design then personally I'd go with the Arduino Nano.

The Arduino Nano's analogWrite() function on digital pins 3, 9, 10 and 11 conveniently output 8-bit resolution, 490Hz PWM signals for your ESC motor outputs.

The Arduino Micro is also worth a look, it has two 16-bit timers that are capable of outputting four 11-bit resolution, 490Hz PWM waveforms. However, this requires register manipulation of the timers, rather than using analogWrite(). The main disadvantage of the Micro with respect to the Nano is that interrupts are only available on a small number of pins.

Can I use atmega328 as arduino on breadboard to make quadcopter.

Yes, but it would be heavy and very delicate. One collision or bad landing and everything would come loose from the breadboard.

Can I use atmega328 as arduino on breadboard to make quadcopter.

I just used strip board and female 0.1" headers for the Arduino and gyroscope/accelerometer breakout board, so they could be removed if required.

The RC receiver and ESC connnections were male 0.1" headers.

Connections on the underside were soldered using 30AWG wirewrap wire for signals and 22AWG for power.