Can't see output in the Serial Monitor with UNO Wifi Rev 2.

I am able to compile and upload the Blink test sketch and run it successfully on my new UNO Wifi Rev 2. I have the correct board and port loaded. However with any sketches that have Serial.print commands, I don't see any output in the Serial Monitor. I've tested using different baud rates and even Serial1 and Serial2 even though they shouldn't work.
The simple sketch runs fine on a Mega2560 and an original UNO Rev3.
Any suggestions?
Using:
void setup() {
Serial.begin(9600);
Serial.println("Running Setup ...");
}
void loop() {
Serial.println("In loop ...");
delay(1);
}

jparkerri:
I am able to compile and upload the Blink test sketch and run it successfully on my new UNO Wifi Rev 2. I have the correct board and port loaded. However with any sketches that have Serial.print commands, I don't see any output in the Serial Monitor. I've tested using different baud rates and even Serial1 and Serial2 even though they shouldn't work.
The simple sketch runs fine on a Mega2560 and an original UNO Rev3.
Any suggestions?
Using:
void setup() {
Serial.begin(9600);
Serial.println("Running Setup ...");
}
void loop() {
Serial.println("In loop ...");
delay(1);
}

I am also having problems with the usb serial port. When using a third party serial port monitor I also often cannot see anything from the serial port. And when using the Arduino IDE serial monitor I get strange encoding problems. I opened a thread for my problem here: Strange encoding problem with Arduino Uno Wifi Rev2 - Arduino WiFi Rev2 - Arduino Forum

Do you habe similar problems with your hardware?