Anduino Romeo BLE: sync problem

Hi,

I have received an Arduino Romeo BLE, RoMeo_BLE__SKU_DFR0305_-DFRobot . Please note that this is my first arduino experience. Following basic instruction I have downloaded Arduino IDE. From the wiki linked above, this arduino card shouldn't need any special driver. I have been careful to select the right board and port.
But I still get the same error:

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00

(the value of resp seems to be random... 0x00, 0x3d, 0xe0)

This seems to be a very common error. But most of the suggested solutions consist of selecting the right board or checking cable and port. Even though the wiki says it should work selecting Arduino Uno board, I have also tried with Arduino nano and Duemilanove (I'm surprised I get the same error though). I have tried several ports, several cables, several computers, several OSes (Windows 8, 10, Ubuntu 14.04), consistently getting the same error. On windows 8 and 10, the drivers seemed ok; reinstalled it with arduino uno.
Nothing is connected to the board apart from the usb cable. I have tried resetting before and during the upload (and D13 signal indicator LED blinks twice).
I'm starting to worry there is an issue with the device.

I'd be very grateful if you could help me solve this issue.

Hi,

I have faced same problem and haven't found solution yet

Please let me know if you find an answer

Unfortunately, in my case the answer was that the card was broken. I retry with another card and it worked perfectly fine.
This error just means your computer is not able to communicate with the board. It could also be a cable, port, or wrong board selection in the Arduino IDE. Be careful of which Romeo card you actually have; it could require you to select another card than "Arduino One".

Hope you'll find a solution to your problem.

Hi,

Yes. I found solution - I've installed the driver http://www.arduined.eu/files/CH341SER.zip and after that my board was identified correctly.

UPDATE: The problem, in fact, was in USB cable (I changed 3 cables before the board started working)