MIDI Note On foot pedal

Hey, thanks Pellen.

To fit a Midi port to a board, would the Uno board work? Or something a little larger? Is it easy to fit a battery compartment to these?

I'm glad it seems simple! The Sampler explains the midi notes both in numbers and in Hex. When writing the code for this, how simple is it to make the switch increase the note by one? Also you say I don't need to worry about Hex, can I program the board to just take, say 60 (middle C) and go to 61 (C#) when by pressing the right pedal and D# (59) when pressing the left one? Also how can I tell the pedal to start at 47?

The Sampler will play the sample as either a One Shot or a Loop, depending on what it is set to. I have a few One Shot samples which would be good to trigger with the pedal, they just fade out on their own (if triggered again they just start again). If set to loop, you trigger the sample and it keeps going until you play the same note again (or press the pad again) and it stops dead. This is useful too because I trigger a loop in a band I play in, and I'm playing bass when I need to cut it out again.

So this should be very simple and cheap? Brilliant! It would be good to get it working by November when I'm off on tour most of the month in China.

Thanks for all the help so far.

Eric Heath