How to control a cat with an Arduino

Well, we do have 4 black cats. Never seem to see all 4 in the same place tho ...

My parents have SIX BLACK cats!

We had 6 - two ran off or were eaten or something earlier this year. Down to 4 at the moment.

Ah, it's exponential! Should have stayed down in the linear range 8)

At least i'm still in the visible range with 3. I have one cat that hates everyone, one cat thats afraid of everyone, and one cat that loves everything. The one that loves everything is the most problematic. She likes to walk across my workbench and knock every little piece off of it, one at a time. And theres a lot of stuff on my workbench. They have become less troublesome now that they have discovered that the 12" fan on the top of my PC vents heat upward.

kf2qd

kf2qd:
Cats can be fairly easy to control. Just make them into quadcopters.....

What like this one?

Cat quadcopter.jpeg

Cats don't need the propeller. Some New York vets realised that cat fatalities rose with the height the cat had fallen from, but then levelled off at less than 100% dead around 5-6 floors not increasing no matter how high the cats fell from.

Apparently cats can survive hitting the ground at their terminal velocity. Falling from above 5 floors gives them time to adopt a good skydiving position and relax!

A perpetual motion machine can be made by strapping a piece of buttered toast to the back of a cat (butter side up). Drop the whole works and it will stop a foot or so off the floor and hover, spinning, because it cannot decide which side to land on.

Would the average long haired cat have a lower terminal velocity than the average short haired cat?

Well while there is no specific mention of cat fur here I would surmise that wind resistance is a contributing factor in any calculation of this nature. Meow ]:smiley:

for specifically controlling a cat that it turns to a specific side you can put virbration motors that are used in mobile phones , are very small and take very less power and you can mount one such motor on every side of the sensitive cat skin and can make the cat learn to turn to that way based on which sides vibration motor vibrated

Disclaimer - No cats where harmed during the production of this thread.

yet

GoForSmoke - just got it XD

Waiting to see a cat in a little kitty wingsuit since there already looks to be a cat (fake or rug?) built into a quadcopter.

This is sick so if you're a cat lover, don't look:

Lancaster the taxidermist should also become a vet. That way no matter what happens, you get your pet back.

Why I am a dog lover :slight_smile: :-

How to Give A Cat a Pill

Pick cat up and cradle it in the crook of your left arm as if holding a baby. Position right forefinger and thumb on either side of cat's mouth and gently apply pressure to cheeks while holding pill in right hand. As cat opens mouth pop pill into mouth. Allow cat to close mouth and swallow.
Retrieve pill from floor and cat from behind sofa. Cradle cat in left arm and repeat process.
Retrieve cat from bedroom, and throw soggy pill away.
Take new pill from foil wrap, cradle cat in left arm, holding rear paws tightly with left hand. Force jaws open and push pill to back of mouth with right fore-finger. Hold mouth shut for a count of ten.
( many lines removed here )
Tie the little [bleep]'s front paws to rear paws with garden twine and bind tightly to leg of dining table, find heavy duty pruning gloves from shed. Push pill into mouth followed by large piece of fillet steak. Hold head vertically and pour 2 pints of water down throat to wash pill down.
Consume remainder of scotch. Get spouse to drive you to the emergency room, sit quietly while doctor stitches fingers and forearm and removes pill remnants from right eye. Call furniture shop on way home to order new table.
Arrange for RSPA to collect mutant cat from hell and ring local pet shop to see if they have any hamsters.

How to Give A Dog A Pill

Wrap it in bacon.
Feed dog.

He had to use bacon? I just had to act like it was food. Crinkle some plastic first if the dog is the suspicious type. Wrappers mean candy.

Would the average long haired cat have a lower terminal velocity than the average short haired cat?

Yes, light fluffy cats work best. You can also try dropping eggs onto grass from a couple of floors up, I have done this myself (hens eggs, reasonably fresh). Like the cats most will survive as long as they don't hit anything hard.

I have read that you can drop mice down mineshafts with impunity but that it does not work with horses.