Arduino Web Editor Feature requests.

Just realized chromebook plugin is already on the radar. Oh well. Another thing I'd suggest is allowing for the hidden functions like setup and loop to stay hidden permanently, rather than re-expanding each time I open the program.

@cdmoro did you know you can expand the Serial Monitor panel a lot, see screenshot :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: Move the "Serial Monitor" view (pop out window)

I want to upload sketch through internet from outside. it's very difficult to carry hardware outside . few some time its very complicated. so I can connect my hardware with internet connection through lab dextop , open arduino create with my ID. then i can configure - update from outside ,through internet & my laptop. still now i don't have live experiment but i belie that i can do this with arduino create.

And one another think we can
Move the "Serial Monitor" view (pop out window)

i want to make a different type graph with serial monitor value. with a single click . type of option must be there.

It'd be great if it had Fritzing integration, though

mianfg:
It'd be great if it had Fritzing integration, though

A circuit simulator would be nice as well, although I don't know how easy it would be to make.

I don't want to be rude, but I wish Arduino Create's projects weren't so polluted of Azure/Windows 10 (and 1sheeld) stuff. It seems (is it??) a sponsorized site.

@Osqui this is because of popular the contest World’s Largest Arduino Maker Challenge - Hackster.io. I hope the more users will add content the more the website will be open to other platform.

Digitalis:
A circuit simulator would be nice as well, although I don't know how easy it would be to make.

Totally agree !
For education, that would be great tools !

I'm a french STEM teacher and instructor for teacher, for kids from 9 to 19, my software (Blockly@rduino) is very popular in France & Quebec too (they are just discovering Arduino for Education ! That's great : http://recitmst.qc.ca/arduino/).

And what we need :

• integrate your plugin in web browser : when PC are totally 'frozen', with a portable browser and a plugin in it we can work without installing anything....
  • use plugin to upload to IDE Arduino installed on computer if someone prefer use it
  • integrate your editor like a plugin in a web page, that's what I did with Codebender

And as said : Fritzing + simulator !!!

Thanks a lot for your work !

Everything is working, although there are a few things that I'd recommend. As a lot of people have mentioned, I need a board manager to make Arduino Create truly useful, as I spend more time developing for 3rd party boards like the Adafruit ones and barebones Atmel boards like the Attiny than I do developing for Arduino/Genuino boards.

2nd point - it would be literally awesome if you could include some kind of 123d circuits integration. 123d circuits has an "electronics lab" where you can actually simulate a variety of boards like the Uno, Nano, and ESP8266 with a virtual breadboard, and virtually upload code to these virtual boards. 123d circuits also allows you to develop schematics. So, I think that it'd be awesome if there was some kind of import function that could take the code already in 123d circuits, convert it to a sketch, and take the schematic and put that in there too.

Anyways, those are just some ideas.

scanet:
Totally agree !
For education, that would be great tools !

I'm a french STEM teacher and instructor for teacher, for kids from 9 to 19, my software (Blockly@rduino) is very popular in France & Quebec too (they are just discovering Arduino for Education ! That's great : http://recitmst.qc.ca/arduino/).

And what we need :

• integrate your plugin in web browser : when PC are totally 'frozen', with a portable browser and a plugin in it we can work without installing anything....
  • use plugin to upload to IDE Arduino installed on computer if someone prefer use it
  • integrate your editor like a plugin in a web page, that's what I did with Codebender

And as said : Fritzing + simulator !!!

Thanks a lot for your work !

Whilst it isn't EXACTLY what you asked for, I'd reccomend looking at 123D circuits. It lets people build circuits using a virtual breadboard in their web browser and has support for the ATTiny85, Arduino Micro, and Arduino Uno.

mastrolinux:
@Osqui this is because of popular the contest World’s Largest Arduino Maker Challenge - Hackster.io. I hope the more users will add content the more the website will be open to other platform.

Oh, I see.
Sorry.

Hi all!

I have some project where I need to use a protoboard to minimize the space I need, and I'd like to burn the bootloader on an atmega328p. I know the ArduinoISP sketch is in the example tab but, i wish i had a online tool to burn it.
It'll be nice to completely remove the use of the desktop app.

By the way, I use the minimal hardware configuration for my microcontroler (No clock) So being able to upload a sketch with the editor would be awesome! Like adding a new board.

This is what the compiler say when I try to follow the step on this thread:

"avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xf3"

OS : Win10, Browser : Chrome, Board used in editor : Arduino Uno

Continue your great job all of you!

just got the invite... thanks for that

but first show stopper for me is that i cant cant add boards via an url.... i have 2 boards that i need to add this way

but otherwise i like the concept.... one less bit of software to install :smiley:

Hi @boelle, what kind of boards are you trying to use? For now we only support official Arduino and Genuino boards, we will support 3rd party HW in the future. Thanks for your feedback!

Why do you not support iPads (or tablet from other brands) with the editor.
Currently it stops while loading with the hint of not supporting resolutions less than 1024px!
Strange when using an iPad Air 2.
Would be nice using editor while mobile and using a lightning2usb jack for connecting to board when at home.

Hi @mamu, we are working on that right now, you'll have a version that you can use with screens less than 1024px hopefully in the next few days, but please note that the app is not optimized for touchscreens.

smellai:
Hi @mamu, we are working on that right now, you'll have a version that you can use with screens less than 1024px hopefully in the next few days, but please note that the app is not optimized for touchscreens.

Sounds promising! But what does it mean "you can use with screens less than 1024px". An iPad has a resolution of way more than 1024px.

And will you support or add a plug-in (app) for the iPad so that I can connect my board to it by using an usb converter jack?

Hi @mamu, an iPad plugin is not yet in our road map but I am adding it in the wish-list, thank you for your feedback!

00alis:
Hi @mamu, an iPad plugin is not yet in our road map but I am adding it in the wish-list, thank you for your feedback!

Thx

How about directly supporting Dropbox or Git for importing existing sketches or for versioning the code?

I could think of a scenario where one locates the whole project as a zip-file on Dropbox or Git and could import it to the create web editor environment.
That would ease the jump start.