Arduino Workshop in Holland

Hi,
Are there any dutch members interested in a Arduino workshop?
I'm thinking about organising a workshop in the Hague early next year.

:o Great !!! I was looking for one!!

Sign me up :stuck_out_tongue:

I think I know how to use an arduino, but I would love to meet other arduinioten :wink: I live close to the hague, could help out.

I live pretty close to The Hague too!

Let me know when/where it will take place exactly.

If you need Arduino kits/products for the workshop, I can provide them. I'm sure I can give you a quantity discount. Just let me know.

I can do the things I like with it.
It is the electronics part that I know nothing about =P
But I'm afraid a simple workshop won't be able to teach me what I'd want to know ::slight_smile:
That'd require something more along the lines of a electrical engineering degree ;D

so, maybe we meet one at that workshop :wink:

@Imahilus

But I'm afraid a simple workshop won't be able to teach me what I'd want to know

Zit denk ik op dezelfde lijn, heb meer electronica vragen dan programming code vragen.
Kun je concreet dingen noemen die je zou willen leren?

gr. rob
PS, kunnen deze thread wel in Nederlands houden niet?

The idea certainly sounds nice.

I guess there are tons of things one could do during a dutch workshop and tons of people one could invite.

I wouldn't mind talking to some people with CNC-stuff like reprap. Playing in a band I also wouldn't mind working with/designing of DMX light effects.

I could probably name 6-10 other things that would interest me, but to be honest, I'd hardly know what the average (if existing :)) arduino- "cheese-head" would like to see/do.

Do you have some ideas on what you would like to do ?

I hope it will get very busy around/ in the Hague for ages to come. Living in Middelburg and electronics being one of many hobbies it will probably be hard to visit often though.

Bart.

Hey, if we're all proficient in english, why not use english instead?
Makes it more open to others who aren't (yet) proficient in dutch.
If you can't think of people who could fall into that category, foreign visitors, fresh immigrants, americans :stuck_out_tongue: (I kid, one of my friends is an american (immigrant), he speaks dutch remarkebly well! though I haven't posed him the S'gravehage conundrum yet).

I suppose you do have a point.
Personally I'm not a fan of holding a workshop in the hague.
I'm from way up north (friesland), and theres bound to be more people in the south.
Something a bit more public transport friendly would probably be the best bet to get a larger crowd. Utrecht, amsterdam, cities like that are fairly central (both by car and train) and would probably be easiest for people to reach.
It'd be quite a treck for me, but I might be up for it, depending on the date and location.

@robtillaart: something specific... well, I'm interested in robotics right now. And while I can figure out the schematics, I'm not even proficient in geussing values for things like capacitors.. or even resistors (which I should be able to figure out..). So for making any sort of circuit, I need input from someone with a little more electronics related knowledge. Now luckily, since I'm still a student (4th and final year though, soon doing my graduation internship).. I have access to a well stocked and equipped electronics workshop with accompanying teacher who can help me with that, but I'd like to learn to be able to do the simple stuff myself. Mostly in the domain of putting other IC's in the microcontroller circuit.

Hello Everyone,
It is good to see that there are allready so many reactions to my initiative!
My personal experience with hard and software development, over 25 years of typing and soldering 8-), covers many areas. The idear behind this workshop is that I would like to share my experience and knowledge with newbies, and the more experienced amongst us. and offcourse I'm interested what people do with Ardouno's!
So for the first workshop I have the following topics in mind:- Interfacing a I2C port expander.
Using the wire library we will connect an PCF8574 8 bit port expander with this chip you can control led's, relays, read switches etc. The I2C family has many members, a/d, i/o, realtime clocks and audio controllers.

• Adding a 33Kb Static RAM chip to the arduino using the SPI bus.- Soldering... an art that everyone should master.
    I provide enough soldering stations and plyers for everyone.
  • Question & Answer session
    during this session anything can come up, do you have questions, or is there something you like to show? Feel free to Join!

Location: The workshop will be held at at the following adres: Westeinde 45, 2512 GT, The Hague. The location I use has can hold 15 people, we have a beamer, a couple of pc's, bringing your own laptop will be apriciated.
The date will be set later, feel free to suggest a date somewhere in Januari 2011.
For other subjects, see the poll I started,
regards,
Marko Hiero

Some practical issues are agenda, lunch, costs involved (used materials etc) and what we should bring besides laptops - arduino, breadboards etc)

Two topics are enough for one day imho.

• The I2C is a good subject for me, a bit of experience but not so much. The PCF8574 sounds interesting, maybe we can create a library for it. Want to learn more different chips that can be connected to I2C (some readout).
  • The static RAM I find less interesting, although the SPI bus is.
  • Soldering is allways good,
  • Q&A idem

PROPOSAL
Agenda - times are only a suggestion
9:00 - 9:15 Welcome with coffee and tea
9:15 - 10:00 Basic soldering
10:00 - 12:00 I2C
12:00 - 12:45 Lunch
13:00 -15:00 SPI and static RAM
15:00 - 16:00 Q&A
16:00 - 17:00 Clean up etc

wrt the day I think it will be a Saturday? That opens the following days: 8 - 15 - 22 - 29 [for me only 22nd is an optionin januar ]

Another practical issue: parking place for car - whole day? as I see the address is right in the centre. (Torenstraat parking is ?25 / day)

Rob

Hi,
Sounds good? :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
I'm also interested in the DUTCH Arduino workshop.
The Hague is no problem for me (15 km from my home).
8- 15- 22- or 29 is also no problem.
I can also bring my own Arduino's, laptop breadboard and soldering station with me.
Reagards,
Albert Dijksma

Nearly missed this post. I would be interested as well. Not necessarily for the 2 topics but more to meet up with other arduino'ists.

Jeroen

it is awfully quiet...

I'm still waiting for an indication of what the costs are,
as I'm assuming the OP did not mean to give the course for free.
If he does, respect! if not, I want to know what I'm signing up for...

maybe we can organize a get-together if this initiative
does not materialize.

for now, Im waiting for any specifics from the OP.

Hello everybody,

sorry for the silence, x-mas new year etc..
I'll post more details next monday.
regards,
Marcus

I'm looking forward to it!

Hello Everyone,

The date is set, the place is booked so please sign up (send me a PM) for the the first Arduino workshop on 5 February 2011 in The Hague, The Netherlands.
For more information, program, location info etc, please look at:http://vanillamusic.vectrus.nl/arduinoworkshop/

Be quick, I have only place for 10 participants!

that is one less seat, because I will be sitting on it.
looking forward to meeting a few other arduinioten :wink: