32u4 based APRS Tracker

Thanks Brad. I have SPE library so I'll dig into their micro pro board design as an entry point for myself. Thanks for the nice offer. I've got a dozen boards with 32 pin TQFP ATMEGA328P-AU myself. Did a board myself and learned a bit about SMD soldering (not as easy as in youtube videos). Hope my next revision will work.

Yes, ATMEL's processors are on short supply everywhere and digikey jacked up the price (very not nice). I will wait for mouser to make delivery later in the summer. No rush on this. Got other projects to take care of. I usually buy around 100 units (PDIP ATMEGA328P-PU) so I can get better pricing. It's only $3.50 if you buy 100 TQFP 32U4. We should stock pile these processors and periodically sell them here for nominal fees just to give digkey etc. the finger LOL

BTW, you are on the west coast. Your purple board delivery must be speedy :slight_smile: My current board is too big and I'm cheap so I'm going with iteadstudio.com in China. 2 weeks is a reasonable wait for potential coasters.