How to copy a program from Arduino to PC

Hello, I recently purchased an Arduino robotics kit. The robot works flawlessly and is awesome, however I bought the Arduino to learn to program. I wish to be able to upload a different sketch to the arduino and be able to restore the robotics server program. Is this possible. Thanks

You can't download a program from an Arduino to a PC because the source code only exists on the PC. What goes on the Arduino would be unintelligible if you did download it.

I presume you have the source code from which the existing Arduino program was compiled and uploaded. You can use that at any time to re-upload the same code to the Arduino.

...R

It is possible to copy the hex file from the Arduino, to re-upload that hex file later. But it is not easy.

As someone said, you can get the hex code. But you would need software to decompile the hex code. I am not aware of any. Maybe someone with experience with assembler disassembler programming could give some insight but it is tough to do.

Hi,
I find it puzzling that you are not supplied with a copy of the sketch for the robot, considering they give you the facility to erase and load other sketches.
Does the manual give you a URL to go to to download the robots sketch?

Tom... :slight_smile: