Audio Switch

Hi,
I have 8 speakers (4 ohm each) and a 50 watt stereo amplifier. Does anyone know how to write a program to make the audio switch of a song between the speakers, so that after the arduino program starts, the speakers follow a predefined sequence by themselves? Would the amplifier be suitable for this project, or I need a shilder?
The speakers should always be activated one at a time, not in pairs, is it possible? Could you also tell me what kind of relay i need?

You'll need multiple relays. Something like [u]this[/u] should work. That board has the relays plus a relay driver, which you need with the Arduino because the Arduino can't directly-drive a relay coil.

Would the amplifier be suitable for this project

As long as the amplifier is rated for driving 4-Ohm speakers you should be fine.

or I need a shilder?

A what?

You may get click or pop when you suddenly switch the audio. That's the nature of audio because it's impossible to switch a relay on the zero-crossing, and you can't (practically) "fade" between an amplifier and speaker. If you wanted to fade, you'd need 8 amplifiers and then you could fade the line-level input with digital potentiometers.

Thank you really much. For the project I would like, for example, to start a song first from speaker 1, after 2 seconds from speaker 2, after 3 seconds from 8 and so on. Do you know if I can find codes for this type of project ? Or can you give me an example that i can then modify with different variables of time and the relay to be activated/deactivate.
And the connection sequence between the various components would be pc (from which to start the song), arduino, relay module, speakers? Where would the amplifier be located?
I'm really sorry but i but I don't know anything about electronics

Do you know if I can find codes for this type of project ?

I very much doubt it as it is a very bazaar thing to want to do.

This sort of thing is normally handled by an automated mixing desk so that you don't get speaker pops when the channel is changed.

I'm really sorry but i but I don't know anything about electronics

That cuts down on your probability of getting it to work.

All I can think of is to have a DAW on your PC and use that to program in your fades. You would need an amplifier for each speaker and as many audio outputs from your PC as you have speakers. It is possible but is very expensive. No place for an Arduino in this project.

@Doug

or I need a shilder?

I thinks he means a shield.

ok
thank you really much for you help :slight_smile: