Wifi Shield stops sending after sometime.

I also found that my MKR1000 device would stop sending data and the sketch would stop running. I am using the "B" version of the MKR1000 device, Arduino 1.8.0, and Arduino 0.13.0.

After a series of experiments, I found a solution. I observed that my sketch would run and the sketch sent sensor data through PushingBox to my Google Sheet for a few minutes. But the sketch would stop executing. I know this because I was sending a character to the connected OLED screen and screen updates stopped.

Refer to the project, "Send MKR1000 Data to Google Sheets", by Stephen Borsay on the Arduino Project Hub at the link, Arduino Project Hub.

In Stephen's loop(), I see that he exemplifies the following pseudocode:

loop(){
// Get sensor data
if (client.connect(WEBSITE,80)){
  // Send sensor data to PushingBox
  }
}

In the script, Stephen's comment "//for MKR1000, unlike esp8266, do not close connection" triggered me to challenge the statement. I am glad I did!
So I modified the function by adding a stop command to the client:

loop(){
// Get sensor data
if (client.connect(WEBSITE,80)){
  // Send sensor data to PushingBox
  }
client.stop();
}

After the addition of the stop command, I found that my MKR1000 script continually sent sensor data to PushingBox and my Google Sheet. In my case, my timer is set to 1 hour and I have been continually sending data for 50 hours and running.

So now I have a robust, reliable sketch that sends sensor data through PushingBox to my Google Sheet. Try this suggestion in your own sketch and post your results. Cheers! :grin: