Go Down

Topic: Arduino 101 and CAN Bus Shield SeeedStudio (Read 37 times) previous topic - next topic

mterzer

Hy there,

I'm currently working on a project where I want to send the data from the imu on the Arduino 101 over CAN Bus to a Master. The CAN Bus Shield that I'm using is the following: https://www.seeedstudio.com/CANBUS-Shield-p-2256.html?gclid=CMXHs9T6tNMCFUWfGwod22sBXQ

Now the issues:

1. It works in generally, but (and now the weird thing)  just when I am using the USB port as supply voltage and NOT when I am using the power jack as a power source.

2. I figured out that the voltage regulator on the 101 outputs 5.3V when using the power jack source. I looked up the specs from the CAN Chips (MCP2515 and MCP2551) and saw that their working for  4.5<VDD<5.5V so shouldn't be a problem et all.
But when I am powering the board with 5V directly(so by applying 5V to the 5V pin of the 101) it works.

Did somebody have a similar problem? (Maybe also in combination with a different Shield)

Does somebody have a clue?

Thanks in advance!

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy