Making an analogue Solenoid?

Hi guys,

Actually, we need to modify our solenoid to work as an analogue digit not the digital one.

Is there any body which tried it before?

We assume that it should be possible for it to work per electric flows!

FATIMA66:
we need to modify our solenoid to work as an analogue digit not the digital one.

No idea what that means...

FATIMA66:
we need to modify our solenoid to work as an analogue digit not the digital one.

To do exactly what? What is the application/goal?

Actually this means per attached docs. a solenoid can only coding based on a digital notion which means it can be on or off or 0 and 1. So that, we wanna to change it to work in an analogue way, means the electrical field can be controlled and changed gradually.

photo_2019-10-31_23-33-34.jpg

You notice the spring on your solenoid? You only need enough current to produce enough magnetism to produce the same pull. For that you need to design a controllable current source and have the Arduino provide the control.

Is this a class assignment?

Paul

FATIMA66:
So that, we wanna to change it to work in an analogue way, means the electrical field can be controlled and changed gradually.

Seems to me it would be very much easier to use a servo as a push-pull device

...R

Robin2:
Seems to me it would be very much easier to use a servo as a push-pull device

...R

I agree. A servo with a crank and double jointed connecting rod to the solenoid which will act as bearings to ensure the push-pull motion.

All depends on the actual class assignment!!!!

Paul

It sounds like you're trying to turn a solenoid into a linear actuator. It's really much more practical to use an actual linear actuator instead.

Steve

Thanks everyone.

Actually this is a research study to see if it is possible to change the Solenoid's essence, Form a High and Low movement to work analogously. We want make it's piston to work gradually not suddenly.

We do not want to use other actuators or motors to change several movement in order to make a simple linear work. and this is intentionally.

So you never tried it before? writing an analogue type of codes for Solenoid?

Here is the problem: You wrote: "We want make it's piston to work gradually not suddenly. ".

The piston part of the solenoid has friction as it is resting inside the solenoid core. When you apply enough magnetism to overcome the friction, the piston will "suddenly" begin to move. Basic physics in action!

Paul

i would some version of the fade sketch controling something like 1 or more 2n3055 transistors to control the flow of current thru the solenoid windings,may be a place to start.

Perhaps it would help to tell us which solenoid you are talking about - the details always matter.