Bacstac

Hi All

I currently have a project that uses modbus rtu slave, working very well, however I would like to utilise Bacnet communications protocol, I have found some open source stuff, seems to be centered around Ethernet or Atmel168, but no information anywhere as to how to compile these files for use in the arduino c environment and library's.
I have built my own device using atmel 1284p programmed in arduino c, loaded using icsp programmer, all is working fine, but I just can't find any direction on converting a Bacnet stack for use in my project, I don't need IP as it basically will use RS485 (as does the modbus) vis mstp, the modbus is currently configured via sd card for address, baud etc, I was hoping to do the same for the bacnet address, instance ID, Baud etc.

Regards

Jono

It might help if you provide links to these opensource Bacnet implementations.

Here’s the link, this is work based o Steven Karg also on github

Anybody had any luck with the implemention of Bacnet stack using Atmel (specifically 1284p)?

Have you tried the Arduino UNO port?

I did, but that seems to support wiznet and Bacnet over ip, I couldn't see how to use just the bacnet rs485, I just need the mstp implementation, once I have the basic outline even if it's for the uno I can work out how to implement it on 1284p I'm just not sure what files and includes I need to use it.

Many Thanks

Jono :slight_smile:

Anybody out there at all have any information?, I cannot find anything on the internet, really struggling with this one.

Regards

Jono

I did, but that seems to support wiznet and Bacnet over ip, I couldn't see how to use just the bacnet rs485, I just need the mstp implementation, once I have the basic outline even if it's for the uno I can work out how to implement it on 1284p I'm just not sure what files and includes I need to use it.

You're right, the Arduino port is just for the IP version.

The port for the ATmega168 seems to use the RS-485 version. Adapting that code for the ATmega1284 should be quite easy but it depends a bit what expectations you have. You might have to adapt the makefile to use the Arduino compiler and environment if you don't have the recommended tool chain installed.

Depending on what other features you need from the Arduino environment that's rather easy (no Arduino specific code) or a laborious task (use Arduino libraries).