MKR1000 WiFi Authentication with EAP-PEAP CA Certificate

Hello - some time ago I pulled a lot of hair out getting a Raspberry Pi to connect to my University WiFi network. I got there eventually and learned some stuff in the process, as far as I understand it, any device on the network is meant to have a CA Certificate so that your device couldn't be tricked into connecting to a fake malicious pretend network - or something like that! It's a bit fiddly, but I can manually put the certificate on the Raspberry Pi and make sure that the WiFi config knows to point to it.

Now I am trying to tackle the same problem with the MKR1000 - I'm sorry if this has been asked about before and I'm sure other people have run into this issue - the problem I have is I don't have a good understanding of the protocol and IT don't get the world of embedded devices and don't really care either.

So I don't quite know how to ask this question, but the basic jist of it is can I get the MKR1000 on to this kind of network? I'm not exactly sure what kind of network it is or what these things mean, but I can get this much from the files on my Pi:

key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
eap=PEAP

phase2="auto=MSCHAPV2"

I have the CA Certificate as a text file

As always, any help would be massively appreciated! :slight_smile:

Yes you can install certificates.

There is a couple of threads about the issue but I cant pull them up right now so you may have to do a little searching yourself.

There is a limit to the number of certs that can be placed on the MKR' and I think that is mentioned in the MKR details pages.

ballscrewbob:
Yes you can install certificates.

There is a couple of threads about the issue but I cant pull them up right now so you may have to do a little searching yourself.

There is a limit to the number of certs that can be placed on the MKR' and I think that is mentioned in the MKR details pages.

Oh this is amazing news! I found threads on the ESP8266 and Arduino Yun - but those are pretty different systems. I'll dig a little deeper - maybe my search criteria is wrong