Gps trans receiver

Hello everyone,
I am new to forum. I coming to the situation.

Situation :
The robot needs to be sent in remote forest terrains. No GSM / GPRS. Needs to be controlled from home. It should stream video , audio, and its longitude and latitude.
We can use gps receiver kit so that arduino get longitude and latitude. I am doubtful wilk gps receiver kit work well in forests and terrains?
Now how can i transmit the longitude and latitude points to my home. Which transmitter kit to use at arduino. And which receiver kit to use at home?

Even if i would get some idea , i will be thankful. Thanking you guys.

Which transmitter kit to use at arduino. And which receiver kit to use at home?

How far is your home from the Arduino?

It should stream video , audio, and its longitude and latitude.

The Arduino is not going to stream video or even audio.

I am doubtful wilk gps receiver kit work well in forests

Not at all in dense forest.

I am curious about the design of the robot.
How will it move about?
'forests and terrain' does not sound like it is conducive to wheeled vehicles.

PaulS:
How far is your home from the Arduino?
The Arduino is not going to stream video or even audio.

Certainly arduino wouldn't stream video but tv transmitter would be able.

vinceherman:
I am curious about the design of the robot.
How will it move about?
'forests and terrain' does not sound like it is conducive to wheeled vehicles.

It will move with high torque stepper motors only with battery power.

Evenif terrains contains mountains.. It won't move a steep inclined mountain. Via Google earth we can find some routes via which it would be able to move robot on the top of mountain.

Arduino can know the latitude longitude coordinates via gps receiver , but how to send that coordinates to the base via some long range transmitter..

The idea is... To move a autonomous robot from base/home to its destination using gps , video and audio to monitor and with the help of Google earth to find the way via which robot can cross terrains.

Certainly arduino wouldn't stream video but tv transmitter would be able.

So, your robot is going to cart a television transmitter around.

I've got to ask a few questions. Just how big is this robot? How expensive is this robot?

I can't help but thinking that you have (or will have) a significant monetary investment in this robot, and are trying to save a few pennies by not using a far more suitable controller.

rushix:
It will move with high torque stepper motors only with battery power.

Stepper motors are power hungry. Great for fine, precise movements, but they draw a lot of current, all the time.
That does not go very well with battery power.
A DC motor is almost always a better choice for propulsion.

An autonomous robot navigating through forest and mountainous terrain.
I am sure that you underestimate the complexity of that task but it will be a fun experiment.

Break it down into small tasks.

• have the arduino run your motor
  • put the motor onto your vehicle and have it move your vehicle
  • have the arduino steer your vehicle
  • have the arduino detect obstacles
  • have the arduino use the steering to avoid obstacles

You might be interested in iforce2d's video series on his Farm Rover project on Youtube: Farm rover part 9 (path-following, continued) - YouTube.

vinceherman:
Stepper motors are power hungry. Great for fine, precise movements, but they draw a lot of current, all the time.
That does not go very well with battery power.
A DC motor is almost always a better choice for propulsion.

An autonomous robot navigating through forest and mountainous terrain.
I am sure that you underestimate the complexity of that task but it will be a fun experiment.

Break it down into small tasks.

• have the arduino run your motor
  • put the motor onto your vehicle and have it move your vehicle
  • have the arduino steer your vehicle
  • have the arduino detect obstacles
  • have the arduino use the steering to avoid obstacles

Yes, certainly. The reason behind stepper motors is to keep path remembered and called be back if it wouldn't be able to complete task.
But yes. Now i have found a good GPS locator which having accuracy in few cm in terrains too where GSM/GPRS is hard to imagine. And it uses satellite rather than gsm or gps to transmit location to the base / home. Also found a better antenna.

The broken down tasks are implemented before. Thanks dear. If anybody wants to know about gps which will work for such terrains i can provide its name here with antenna

I was running back through some of my older posts and re-read your response.

rushix:
Yes, certainly. The reason behind stepper motors is to keep path remembered and called be back if it wouldn't be able to complete task.

This makes me think that your design on navigation is flawed.
Using the number of turns of the wheels is a very inaccurate navigation method. The inaccuracy gets worse with longer distances and over rough terrain.
If a wheel slips even a little bit, you are lost.

Autonomous navigation has to include active navigation adjustments. A magnetic compass for bearing adjustment. And better, GPS for confirming accuracy of position, helping with distance and bearing calculation.

I am not trying to shoot you down. It just sounded like you wanted to 'play back in reverse' all of the wheel movements. And that is not a viable way to return.