"off brand" OLED dimming on arduino

Alright, so after google-fooing, I couldn't find anything that specifically pertains to my problem. Similar issues, but not quite what I'm experiencing. I recently received an "off-brand" OLED from Amazon and it worked fantastic for about a day. I started using it on my mega, and when I moved it over to my pro micro, it became dim. I eventually want to use it with a pro mini, but can't really move forward until I solve this problem. It's also important to note that the brightness flickers a bit, which to me suggests maybe a power issue, so when I moved it back to the mega, I still had the same dimming-flickering issue so I've got a feeling I maybe just trashed my new little OLED. I'd hate to chalk it up to "I messed up" so do any of you have any ideas as to the cause and maybe any potential fixes?
I'm using Adafruits libraries, and the device was said to be 5v tolerant. I mean, it worked great until I moved it over to the pro micro.
Thanks in advance! Any advice is helpful!

Ugh well it just up and died. Not sure what happened. Maybe it was defective. Ordered a new one (from a different seller and a little bigger to boot). Not a fun experience for my first OLED. It was so pretty!

Good luck.

Without seeing/knowing everything was hooked up/connected, it would be hard to say/give advice.

Hope it wasnt an expensive one..

I get the tiny OLED screens off ebay for roughly $2-3.00 USD

Yea, it was a cheapie from Amazon. I'll be sure to use 3.3v first before attempting 5v.

Thanks!